Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: epg plugin removed

Title
    Thanks

epg plugin removed

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie, I was downloading and testing the plugin options on my VU+ Duo box, i've managed to remove my original EPG guide, is there a way I can get it back, also any EPG skin I seem to download from the plugin manager and install doesn't have any effect.. what am I doing wrong?..

This was my orignal EPG

Now i'm left with this one:[URL=http://imageshack.com/f/jbcoolmanv4j][IMG=http://imagizer.images
    Last edited by cal91; 14-04-15 at 17:05.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There are two aspects of EPG.
    1. Obtaining EPG data
    2. Displaying EPG data

The screen you have posted is the Graphical EPG screen. There are EPG screens.

Sometiems peopel use EPG to mean bouquets/Services. If this applies to you, while watching TV with no menus showing, press the TV button.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi abu,

I had that graphical interface above to begin with with.. but after trying to install some plugin skins.. and not having much luck, I then removed them but I seem to have lost my original interface in the process.. this is what I have now, 2.jpg

I'm a total newbie, so i'm not sure about what i'm doing..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Aren't they the same? Only difference one has picons enabled other has not.

Title
    Thanks
    I thought the other interface had better clarity.. how I can try out other interfaces or skins? not sure of the correct terminology.. Are these available in the plugin manager or must these be loaded externally via USB?

Please forgive me for all the questions.. you've been of great help to me Abu.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi cal,i would do a fresh flash,looks like something is missing from the skin for it to be green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    oh dear.. mine came pre-flashed.. any skin I tried when I got the box didn't seem to do anything.. would like to avoid flashing if I can, I guess this would mean setting up my channels again etc..

I will look into flashing if it means having the box run smoothly.. would this mean I would get the original skin back?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Nothing is missing from the skin for it to be Green. If you go into plugins you can download skins, you then go into user interface within the menu setup,go to skin and select the one you downloaded.

Go and make a cup of tea, calm down then come back and I'll help you get back to where you were, no need to be flashing at this stage.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    That Is The < Default > Skin(Green Highlight For Current Programmes), But Vix Uses 'Vix-Night-HD' As It's Actual Default Skin... It's Confusing, But Stay With Me... If You've Removed That Skin, Then Go To The Plugin Downloads, The Re-Install The Vix-Night-HD' Skin... Then Do As lgleave22 Says...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for all your support guys, had to pop out this evening so only just getting back to it here, I've download the Vix Night HD skin, not sure if I'm going to the correct location to install the skin.. If I select menu/setup I'm presented with the follow options: image.jpg

When I select system I don't see anything about skin setup

Thanks for your continued support,
    Cal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cal91; 15-04-15 at 00:37.

Title
    Thanks
    Actually guys I found it, didn't see user interface, found it now and have the skin reinstalled, I'll have a look at the other skins now I know what to do, any skin recommendations? Thanks again, your support has been great.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cal91 View Post
    Actually guys I found it, didn't see user interface, found it now and have the skin reinstalled, I'll have a look at the other skins now I know what to do, any skin recommendations? Thanks again, your support has been great.
    hi cal,glad your sorted,sorry about earlier advice i didnt know there was an option for default skin,it looked like a skin from about 2 years ago so i thought best option was to flash your reciever.on skin recommendations i would try them all and see what suits you the best,there is some very nice skins,personally i always go back to vix hd night after a couple of hours.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi goosegog,

No problem, i'm really impressed with some of the skins, but like you said i'll probably end up going back to my original, i've almost everything sorted on my box now

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Just to follow up, not sure if it's relevant to post this here, as i'm using the VU+ Duo2 i was wondering how I go about getting my picons to display on the front LCD panel? is there a guide I can follow, can I do this all from the box or must I download something from online via my computer?

I've gone into the Front Display Panel, I looked at the skin option but there was not much in there, so selected the LCDLinux option, I changed the pic path to point to my USB folder where I keep picons for my epg.. is this correct? i've not got this working yet..

Thanks again,
    Cal