Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mutant hd 2400

Title
    Thanks

Mutant hd 2400

Hi all, am itching to buy one of these quad tuner boxes, currently have vu+duo & Zgemma H1 Cable/sat. I love my vu it really is a great box, the Zgemma is ok but a bit slow at channel changing. Looking to get the best of both worlds by buying the Mutant. Have read quite a lot of posts and can see on the whole people love them. Can I get an honest opinion (good or bad) from the experts. Having just the one box would free up some plugs and my sony tv only has 2 HDMI. But back to main point.......... how good is this box??? Any help really appreciated, thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Hi all, am itching to buy one of these quad tuner boxes, currently have vu+duo & Zgemma H1 Cable/sat. I love my vu it really is a great box, the Zgemma is ok but a bit slow at channel changing. Looking to get the best of both worlds by buying the Mutant. Have read quite a lot of posts and can see on the whole people love them. Can I get an honest opinion (good or bad) from the experts. Having just the one box would free up some plugs and my sony tv only has 2 HDMI. But back to main point.......... how good is this box??? Any help really appreciated, thanks.
    I'm thinking of getting a Mut@nt HD receiver this week mate, but I can't tell you anything about them at the moment.

As for your TV only having two HDMI sockets, I bought a NEET HDMI switching box, and it's been great. It comes with a small remote control, meaning all you have to do is use that to control what receiver etc you want to view.

They have five HDM switching boxes, and three HDMI switching boxes, and the remote hasn't failed once so far.

Neet® - 3 Port HDMI AUTO SWITCH BOX.
    Code:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SWITCH-REMOTE-output-Switcher/dp/B001PL5QDY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428336819&sr=1-1&keywords=neet+3+port+hdmi+switch
    Neet® - 5 Port HDMI AUTO SWITCH BOX.
    Code:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SWITCH-REMOTE-output-Switcher/dp/B001DAVA64

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Cosmic. I have a 3 port HDMI switch at back of tv (remote don`t work too good) as like is said behind my tv, it`s all a bit of a mess , also got HTPC HD & CCTV HD. Which is another reason I want to scale down too 1 box, links appreciated mate so many cables, wife thinks I`m nuts Also have more remotes than currys
    Last edited by cueman; 06-04-15 at 17:31. Reason: more info

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Cueman
    I have the Mutant and believe me I ain't no expert , I have always gone for the cheaper end of boxes and for the first time since I have had the Mutant I am 100% happy . I replaced my Vu Solo with the Mutant and it is like driving a Rolls Royce instead of the Mini . I ordered it from W.O.S with the latest image and 500Gb hard drive and the support on here is fantastic . Has for the remotes I went and bought the Logitech Harmony 650 I think Curry's have them on offer at the moment now I only have one remote which the wife can't use yet which solves all my problems .
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post
    Hi Cueman
    I have the Mutant and believe me I ain't no expert , I have always gone for the cheaper end of boxes and for the first time since I have had the Mutant I am 100% happy . I replaced my Vu Solo with the Mutant and it is like driving a Rolls Royce instead of the Mini . I ordered it from W.O.S with the latest image and 500Gb hard drive and the support on here is fantastic . Has for the remotes I went and bought the Logitech Harmony 650 I think Curry's have them on offer at the moment now I only have one remote which the wife can't use yet which solves all my problems .
    Could not agree more with the harmony, It is easily one of the top three best purchases I have made in the past 5 years. I very rarely use any other remote, I even got one for my dad too and he loves it (At least he has not thrown this one off the wall yet, unlike all his others).
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Thanks Cosmic. I have a 3 port HDMI switch at back of tv (remote don`t work too good) as like is said behind my tv, it`s all a bit of a mess , also got HTPC HD & CCTV HD. Which is another reason I want to scale down too 1 box, links appreciated mate so many cables, wife thinks I`m nuts Also have more remotes than currys
    Women! Can't live with them. Can't chop them up and bury them under the floorboards.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    As we are so far off topic (Mutant) I thought I would add that if you have an Ipad/Iphone then all you need is Roomie app.... Makes logitech look like Stone Age technology....... Although just bought a black blob (sorry logitech harmony hub) for a friend in South Africa .... Where they have never heard of universal remotes such as harmony
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Got my mutant last week and it's a great box I'm only on sat tuners and have had no problems with it so far. Looks better than some were saying in the flesh

9. The Following User Says Thank You to richf176 For This Useful Post:

cwebb66 (06-04-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have 4 receivers a Duo2 - LX3 - Gigablue Quad + and the Mut@nt and I have to say in all Honestly that my Favorite has to be the Mut@nt, I even like the remote although it dose have it's little quirks, like the record button being directly underneath the power button and the colored buttons being at the bottom, but I soon got used to it after I had switched it off about 3 times trying to record a program and pressing the power button by mistake I tend to have more problems using the remote for the Quad+ with it being a universal remote, if you press the TV Button to get the channel listings it stops working because that is for your TV you have to press the special GIGA Button to get it to work again and press the FAV Button to get the listings and they are very small buttons so you really have to be precise when you press them and not ideal if you use it a lot like me I might program my Harmony 650 for the Quad + because I never use it otherwise
    The Mut@nt is fast it seems much more responsive than the Duo2 and I never thought that I would be saying that 6 month ago and another thing in the Mut@nt's favor is having 4 separate plug-able tuners, that way you can set it up as you want to, I love my Mut@nt and it is the best receiver that I have ever owned

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nsw9154 For This Useful Post:

cwebb66 (06-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks very much for all the replys, I think I have made my mind up & I`m definitely buying the mutant next couple of days. Wife still thinks I`m nuts though oh well. It seems as I thought this box is a step up from my beloved VU+ which I will be sorry to see go, have enjoyed using it, still a great box. Anyway looking forward to getting and setting up the mutant no doubt I`ll be back for advice Thanks again, appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    I went from a Vu+ Duo to a Mut@nt and I really wish I could confirm what the others have said but I wish I still had the Vu+. Having lots of bother with the Mut@nt but I accept this may or may not be down to user error considering I've went from Blackhole to Vix and Sat to Cable. For me, the Vu+ was quicker changing channels etc.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Can u stick to one thread for your issue, judging from what you've posted you haven't even connected the feeds correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Can u stick to one thread for your issue, judging from what you've posted you haven't even connected the feeds correctly.

No the feeds are fitted fine mate. Even then surely this wouldn't slow down zapping?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    U posted a photo clearly showing you've connected feeds to outputs, not inputs! You are supposed to be using the TOP inputs.

D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (10-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Well i finally ordered the Mutant from (wos) and it arrived next day, and I must say it was packaged really well, the box feels quality made and set up was easy. I went for the 2 x cable & 2 x sat option. I have set it all up looped cable and shotgun sat, and I`m well impressed, Got vix preinstalled (that's what I was using on my VU) and as vix is obviously set out the same on mutant, it`s like my VU has been turbo boosted, Everything is much more responsive, channel changing is definitely faster on sat, little bit slower on cable, No more recording clashes for me. I was more than disappointed though that after spending £400 you don`t even get a mini usb cable for charging the remote, crazy!!! As other people have said the remote functions well and is responsive.... but yes the buttons are set out a bit weird. I also don`t like the clicking sound the remote makes, it gets annoying!.
    Much prefer my soft silent vu remote. So think I`ll look at the harmony 650, never had one... are the buttons soft touch or clicky?? be gratefull if someone could let me know. Overall love the Mutant already. It`s a from me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast