Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tune failed etc

Title
    Thanks
    Ok just corrected it and moved loopthrough from bottom of B to top of B. See what happens...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Ok good.

Now run an ABM scan please and post if all channels are found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    0 channels found on both tuners set to DVB-T2 and using predefined config. Now running a complete scan and 0 channels so far.

When this is done, will try again using another aerial cable just incase.

It doesn't matter if CCcam is on or off for terrestrial does it?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Tune failed etc

My last post above I meant run autobouquetsmaker maker scan on cable now that you've connected correctly, but make sure you set both tuners back to DVB-c.

D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    My last post above I meant run autobouquetsmaker maker scan on cable now that you've connected correctly, but make sure you set both tuners back to DVB-c.

Ok will try that. Incidentally, no channels found on t2 from either tuner (possible I didn't set something right), I'm in postcode KY1 which is Black Hill so set it to scan this and nothing. I then took the aerial cable out the box and into the aerial input on telly with built in freeview and ran a scan which picked up all channels.

Will try setting it all back to cable and rescanning ABM.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I can't post screenshots of correct settings until tomorrow.

Do the ABM scan as advised. The scan will automatically use Tuner B provided you've set both tuners to DVB-c. Then once you go back to viewing tv it will default back to A if you're not recording.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    "Timeout for tuner lock" on ABM scan.

After changing tuner config and cabling I rebooted box, had to then go in and restart CCcam as always, then picture from channel appeared. Went ahead with ABM scan and got the above message, channels still appear working for now. Will report if there's freezing if it happens.
    Last edited by hammertime; 10-04-15 at 21:10.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Tune failed etc

Ok, connect the main feed to top of Tuner B and run the ABM scan again.

If zero again, connect main feed back to top of Tuner A, set tuner B to DVB-t2 so the ABM DVB-c scan is forced to TUNER A. Post result.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
    "Timeout for tuner lock" on ABM scan.

After changing tuner config and cabling I rebooted box, had to then go in and restart CCcam as always, then picture from channel appeared. Went ahead with ABM scan and got the above message, channels still appear working for now. Will report if there's freezing if it happens.
    This thread is getting extremely confusing to read.
    When you follow Abus & Sicilians advice & fix the feeds to your tuners properly, can you post a pic of your tuners with cables plugged in so we know it's been done right.
    Active feed to tuner A input, loopthrough cable from tuner A output to tuner B input.
    Then also post a screenshot of your tuner config settings & your ABM settings after an E2 restart.
    You could also be damaging your tuners or motherboard by sending powered signals to the wrong inputs, so most important to fix that first & derermine you haven't caused any damage.

Title
    Thanks
    Feeds to tuners, ABM, tuner a, tuner b.

I think the freezing issue might have been down to the screw on connectors. i changed these 3 times and got the same problem then since the 4th change the freezing hasnt occured as yet.

Still have the issue of having to start cccam upon full reboot and slow zapping.

I do appreciate the assistance despite me not reading posts correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Have you enabled startup of the Softcam? It will have a tick next to it if you have.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Pic 1 finally looks good, now what are you trying & expecting to feed to tuner B?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Have you enabled startup of the Softcam? It will have a tick next to it if you have.
    No box was unticked, ticked now and it starts up itself around 10 seconds after channel bar pops up.

Thanks for your patience guys, totally new to Vix/Cable.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Pic 1 finally looks good, now what are you trying & expecting to feed to tuner B?
    Trying to get a cable feed to Tuner B.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
    Trying to get a cable feed to Tuner B.
    You already have one going by picture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast