Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to clear the search history kodi/ tsmedia

Title
    Thanks
    when you remove the TSmedia or kodidirect in the right way(opkg remove...) all files installed by the plugins will be removed.
    The files downloaded to hdd or usb during runtime will not be removed and you have to remove manually after removing the plugins,this is because both plugins use external addons and unable to control or to know what files downloaded and where

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks abu baniaz for editing, I have just seen how to put an inline pic on, I'll use that in future.

For clarity, the pic folder referred to above is in .../media/hdd/xbmc/pic

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaraj View Post
    when you remove the TSmedia or kodidirect in the right way(opkg remove...) all files installed by the plugins will be removed.
    The files downloaded to hdd or usb during runtime will not be removed and you have to remove manually after removing the plugins,this is because both plugins use external addons and unable to control or to know what files downloaded and where
    Hi Mfaraj, from a users point of view, to remove an addon (like Ts media etc) you go to Menu\plugins "red button" remove plugins. Is this the wrong way?

How do you uninstall using "opkg remove" ? (I'm not entirely sure what opkg is, except I saw an "update opkg" somewhere once, on one of the menus - either in TsMedia or Kodi, (I can't find it now) and without knowing what I was updating, I updated it just to see what it did, )

The point I was making is, if I am happy with Ts Media why would I want to uninstall it?

Am I right in saying that unless I do uninstall TS Media, it will keep storing thousands of useless and redundant .png files files in the pic folder?

Mfaraj, I don't think a standard user wants to have to connect via FTP or even mess around in the file browser and delete files to keep an addon like Ts Media efficient.

There should be an inbuilt, automatic way TS Media cleans up it's own temp files. It's created 25 Mb of wasted space on my hard drive and that's only in a 3 days use!

Does the Kodi addon do the same (storing temp files for ever until it's uninstalled)?

Title
    Thanks
    OMG I have just found 5GB of old files in /media/hdd/timeshift

Does anyone know if there a basic maintenance addon like ccleaner, to rid of all this old stuff.

Title
    Thanks
    remove by menu/plugins is not wrong and you can do it
    opkg update is necessary before installing ipk with many dependent files like TSmedia but not kodidirect
    you can remove TSmedia also or any plugin from telnet by
    opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-tsmedia-oe2.0
    but good point to include in postrm script in the package lines to remove the files downloaded to external device

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks mfaraj, If I have understood what you have said, it's only TS Media that keeps all the tmp files forever, and Kodi doesn't?

If thats right, I'll uninstall TS Media for now, (until it automatically deletes its temp files as 25Mb in 3 days is crazy) and just use Kodi. Will the "postrm script" to delete all the tmp files be in the next version? If not can you let us know when it's ready so I can reinstall Ts Media again as some addons works better in TS Media than they do in Kodi. For exapmpe showbox won't even install in Kodi

Thanks again
    Last edited by orange1234; 06-04-15 at 18:26.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orange1234 View Post
    OMG I have just found 5GB of old files in /media/hdd/timeshift

Does anyone know if there a basic maintenance addon like ccleaner, to rid of all this old stuff.
    Timeshift files get deleted when you change channels, nothing to worry about there.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks judge, I presumed it would, but I seem to have 5GB of time shift in 3 days. Since it's there, do I just delete the contents of the folder? Or can I delete the folder itself?

timeshift.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have kodi on my tm nano se and it has showbox on it,from one or more of the weekly updates and growing,be careful when choosing film as it might not be as what it seems[ adult ]

Title
    Thanks
    I had showbox until 2 days ago until when I uninstalled Kodi to get rid of the history on the virtual keyboard. When I reinstalled Kodi, showbox does not install. It's listed but does nothing when clicked. I'm on Vix version 152 maybe when I find a way to update to 163 showbox might come back.

Videodevil is the only one that looks to be worth having, for adult content as it looks to have lots of streams built in.

I'm trying to be selective now with addons, and rather than having 100 addons I'm looking to have less than 10. For films, I'm waiting for Isream to become available, then additionally I'd have solar movies (as Istream queries 1channel) and showbox. maybe Genesis. Netflix would be good if they ever code one for python, and the ITV, BBC and channel 4 / 5 catchup players. That would be a perfect setup for a newbie.

It seems to me all these movie addons need an aggregator, (like Isteam)which looks at all possible sources and presents a working one to watch. Then we'd only need one. I guess the first one to do that will become the dominant player of the TV world.

Title
    Thanks
    will check kodidirect showbox and fix it,anything running in TSmedia should run in kodidirect and vica versa because both share same principal parsing code

Title
    Thanks

Delete History AND Clear screen (CLR) on TS Media / Kodi on exit?

mfaraj, can request an improvement to "delete history" please.

On the virtual keyboard, pressing menu\clear history presently does not clear the keyboard input window. Even when I press CLR to clear it, and then exit. Nets time I open TS Media and search on the virtual keyboard, the last search is visible again even though I presses CLR

Could there be an option to Clear History - and - CLR screen at exit, so I don't have to worry. Is this possible?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes,possible,will apply in next update
    thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi mfaraj, I've just downloaded ts media v10. How do I get it to clear the history, the last search (CLR) on exit. I've had a look in menu and in settings and can't see it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12