Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duo2 or mut@nt 2400

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thor1 View Post
    when you look at rear of the Duo2 it looks like there is 3 tuners slot
    Thats just a leftover from development, It was supposed to house a external wifi antenna but it's built into the receivers case so not needed.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

stick50jr (31-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    2 dual Sat tuners are plenty and can record 3 while watching another. Why does anyone need more? And the physical look and build quality, not to mention the remote make the duo2 that step above the mutant.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    2 dual Sat tuners are plenty and can record 3 while watching another. Why does anyone need more? And the physical look and build quality, not to mention the remote make the duo2 that step above the mutant.
    What if user want 3x hybird? Physical looks is down to user preference, personally I had the Duo2 LCD and the large Duo2 remote shape. Quality of the Mutand HD2400 is just as good and out perferms the Duo2 in every way. Oh almost forgot, driver support better too. Duo2 has a number of driver bugs that the HD2400 does not have

Mutant HD2400 support 4 internal plug and play tuners and can support a further 3 USB tuners. You trying using a Duo2 with 1x Dual Sat tuner, 1x Hybrid, 1x USB T2 and 1x USB DVB-C, it falls over flat on its face.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    What is user want 3x hybird? Physical looks is down to user preference, personally I had the Duo2 LCD and the large Duo2 remote shape. Quality of the Mutand HD2400 is just as good and out perferms the Duo2 in every way.
    It just looks too industrial to me, the duo2 is like a supercar in relation to the mutant being an off road range rover. As far as hybrid tuner, I can't get cable here so would never be part of my purchase decisions.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    the duo2 is like a supercar in relation to the mutant being an off road range rover.
    Well how would you come to that in-correct conclusion if you don't have one?? I've actually tested them side by side, it's acutally a case of the Duo2 being a mini and the HD2400 being the Supercar
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Well how would you come to that in-correct conclusion if you don't have one?? I've actually tested them side by side, it's acutally a case of the Duo2 being a mini and the HD2400 being the Supercar
    I was referring purely to aesthetics.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I was referring purely to aesthetics.
    Well that's your opionion, I hate the look of the Duo2, so there you go

Personally, first and foremost I look a quality, performance and support.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ukbob (30-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi mutant does seem the better machine, both have a years warranty not 2 I take it. The mutant as far as I can see is quite a new name and is only sold by WOS I think whereas The VU can be purchased from a variety of dealers.
    On another note I remember back last year that the Golden Interstar was the flavour of the month now whats happened to it as WOS no longer sock this model.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markshore123 View Post
    Hi mutant does seem the better machine, both have a years warranty not 2 I take it. The mutant as far as I can see is quite a new name and is only sold by WOS I think whereas The VU can be purchased from a variety of dealers.
    On another note I remember back last year that the Golden Interstar was the flavour of the month now whats happened to it as WOS no longer sock this model.
    It wasn't out of choice, we'd happily stock all models, we've just not been able to get stock including all tuner types. Another reason was the LX3 had two embedded tuners, forcing the end users choice. Mutant HD2400 does not have any embedded tuners, therefore more configurable for the end user.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

markshore123 (29-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post
    It wasn't out of choice, we'd happily stock all models, we've just not been able to get stock including all tuner types. Another reason was the LX3 had two embedded tuners, forcing the end users choice. Mutant HD2400 does not have any embedded tuners, therefore more configurable for the end user.
    Hi I take it that the Mutant is probably the best out there at the moment? Also are WOS the uk distributer? Warranty I take it is one year, bought the Miraclebox last year but perhaps i should have spent the extra and would not need to upgrade.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markshore123 View Post
    Hi I take it that the Mutant is probably the best out there at the moment? Also are WOS the uk distributer? Warranty I take it is one year, bought the Miraclebox last year but perhaps i should have spent the extra and would not need to upgrade.
    At least you have more knowledge now than you did last year. Yeah the Mut@nt HD2400 is the rolls royces of boxes at the moment, this is my next purchase!!
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    It just looks too industrial to me, the duo2 is like a supercar in relation to the mutant being an off road range rover. As far as hybrid tuner, I can't get cable here so would never be part of my purchase decisions.
    Sorry but the Duo2 is any thing but pretty, it's the size of a VCR and uses the same old chassis as the Vu+ Ultimo. The Solo2 is a pretty looking receiver as is the TM Nano 2 super, but not the Duo2.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    I am sure the Mutant is the best of the boxes currently sold by the sponsor
    Last edited by twol; 29-03-15 at 20:03.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Sorry but the Duo2 is any thing but pretty, it's the size of a VCR and uses the same old chassis as the Vu+ Ultimo. The Solo2 is a pretty looking receiver as is the TM Nano 2 super, but not the Duo2.
    It's all about opinions. I decided I would buy a duo2 and am still very happy with it. It does all I want and the LCD display that it seems most don't like, was a big reason for the purchase.

Title
    Thanks
    for me both receivers have there limitations the Duo not flexible enough with tuner arrangements, mut@nt with only taking 2.5 hard drives, for someone upgrading who as a receiver with 3.5 hard drive in the extra expense for new drive

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast