Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with TM twin oe

Title
    Thanks

Help with TM twin oe

Hi all,

I just got my new Technomate tm twin oe and am trying to get it working. It came with the VIX image preinstalled.

I have plugged the 2 dish cables in, a network cable, hdmi to the TV and power.

The unit boots up to a openvix background image, but no channels I have looked through the settings menus and cant find anyway to scan for channels etc... Are there any channel lists out there?

Im new to all this having just left sky so dont know where to look, or how to install addons etc

Any help would be great

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    To get your channel list populated use ABM which can be found by pressing menu, setup, service searching, ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker).
    Setup everything in here to what setup you require. Start of with the configure settings n select EXPERT mode, set a scheduled scan to DAILY at say 4:00am then green button to save.
    Providers is obviously your preference, you can select either freesat or sky uk (sd), but obviously to view sky premium channels you need a valid card subscription, NO ILLEGAL CARD SHARING TALK IS ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM!!
    If for example you did go with the sky uk (sd) provider set that to YES, select your AREA, Generate Main Bouquets NO, Generate Sections Bouquets YES, Generate HD Bouquets NO, Generate FTA Bouquets NO, Generate FTA HD Bouquets NO and finally Rescan Every Time YES and green button to save.
    Hide Sections is where you can hide sections like Shopping section, Adult section etc so its your preference. Press ok on the sections you want to hide n then green button to save.
    Then finally Start Scan to populate your channels. This will take a few minutes.
    When done just restart GUI and when rebooted press down on your remote and all your section bouquets will be listed n by pressing ok on the section your channels will be listed in sky numbering order if gone with the sky uk (sd) option.
    You will need to setup EPG etc but that is for another time.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (30-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Top man. Cheers for the fast reply. So, on to 7day epg.... lol. Ill give it a go 1st and if I end up pulling my hair out I will ask for help, hehe. Cheers again

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, so I have a epg, but I cant fig out how to get it to show 7 days? Its just blank after now and next

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by score1_uk View Post
    Ok, so I have a epg, but I cant fig out how to get it to show 7 days? Its just blank after now and next
    Hi mate, I suggest you have a good read of vix manual which you will find in appropriate forum.
    All the information you require about basic setup and much more will be there for you to digest.
    I too am a linux newbie and it saved asking same questions that you are posting.
    With all due respect,don't really see the point of spending £200 on a receiver and not bothering to familiarise with basic set up instructions.

Title
    Thanks
    To setup EPG do the following mate;
    Menu, Setup, System, EPG, CrossEPG. Configure the CrossEPG to do a daily scheduled scan say at 4:15am, then green button to save.
    OpenTV providers. Select Sky UK OpenTV 28.2 and then green button to save.
    Then exit one and now go into Settings (EPG Menu). Set your EPG location to either internal HDD or USB Flash Stick, DO NOT PUT LOCATION TO INTERNAL FLASH!!! then green button to save.
    Exit all the way out now back to your TV picture, then press blue button, and press OK on the CrossEPG Downloader.
    This will now populate your 7 Day Guide.

If done as I've said for your ABM and EPG, it will schedule your ABM to run automatically at 4am in the morning followed by the CrossEPG at 4:15am every morning.

Just put your box into normal standby at night!! All sorted.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Top man. Cheers. Will give it a few days to try and fig out all the features to this box (and there seem to be plenty of good ones). Will let u know how I get on or if I need any more help

Title
    Thanks
    D'oh, I may have missed something. 2 days and both mornings when I come to the box its stuck with the channel playing, but no remote will work. At the bottom it says starting downloader with a little cog symbol but it doesnt progress. I have to turn the box off and on again with the rear switch.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Can you confirm where you are saving EPG to please?

Title
    Thanks
    Seeing that you have a twin oe, I would personally setup a swapfile. To do this press the blue button, ViX, Swap Manager, blue button to create, go with the 256mb option to your HDD (hard drive).
    After a few minutes your swap place will show /media/hdd/swapfile (if done correctly). At this point press the yellow button (autostart), you should now have a tick appear, then press the green button to activate and the status should now be green. Press red to close.
    This will cure the hangup you are getting when trying to generate your EPG data etc. Its because receivers like the twin oe, duo and solo lack memory and creating a swapfile will help matters.

Title
    Thanks
    cheers, egp data is set to store on hdd btw abu.

Update: I cant create a swap file. I get msg: sorry, no physical devices that supports swap attached. cant create swap file on network or fat32 file system. The 500gb internal hdd is formatted fat 32.

I do have sevral 1gb usb sticks I could use if it could work that way?
    Last edited by score1_uk; 31-03-15 at 13:16.

Title
    Thanks
    When you have setup the swap file, repopulate your EPG by pressing blue button n pressing ok on the CrossEPG Downloader n if it doesn't get stuck you know the swap file has worked.

Title
    Thanks
    It wont let me set up a swap file though, so cant et that far. I get the above error message.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The Swap Manager will only create swap files on ext file systems.

Is there any reason why you are using fat32 file system for your HDD?

Title
    Thanks
    Initialise the HDD then create the swap file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast