Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver Advice?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I dont have any of those receivers so I can't compare them to each other. I do have the Technomate Nano 2 super and a Gigablue Quad (not the plus model) and they are both great receivers in day to day use.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    I dont have any of those receivers so I can't compare them to each other. I do have the Technomate Nano 2 super and a Gigablue Quad (not the plus model) and they are both great receivers in day to day use.
    Isn't the TM NANO 2 Super similar to the TM NANO 3T?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champs4life View Post
    Isn't the TM NANO 2 Super similar to the TM NANO 3T?
    Yes it's virtually identical except for a different outer case and the built in DVB-C/T hybrid tuner.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I am still confused on one issue and would like some clear clarification if possible. On other sites which sell the TM- NANO- 3T it shows it has 2 satellite and 1 terrestrial tuner not DVB-C/T hybrid tuner like it says on the WOS site.

What I want to know is those sites which sell the box with 2 satellite tuners and 1 terrestrial tuner, doesnt it have a built in cable tuner in them like the one on the WOS site?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There is only one version of the TM 3T combo. It has already been mentioned what tuners it has. They are soldered on the motherboard, so they cannot be changed. If you don't believe us, best to contact the seller who says it does not have a hybrid/switchable tuner and get them to clarify whatever is confusing you.

I shall repeat this for you one more time.
    It has 2 satellite tuners
    It has a hybrid tuner. You can either use it for cable or terrestrial.

If you are still confused, please speak directly to the sellers who say otherwise. Alternatively ring Technomate 020 8884 0701

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (23-03-15),Manny92 (24-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There is only one version of the TM 3T combo. It has already been mentioned what tuners it has. They are soldered on the motherboard, so they cannot be changed. If you don't believe us, best to contact the seller who says it does not have a hybrid/switchable tuner and get them to clarify whatever is confusing you.

I shall repeat this for you one more time.
    It has 2 satellite tuners
    It has a hybrid tuner. You can either use it for cable or terrestrial.

If you are still confused, please speak directly to the sellers who say otherwise. Alternatively ring Technomate 020 8884 0701
    Im sorry friend, please dont get angry with me. Im new to this so I dont know everything. I do believe you and others.

I have been on the manufacturer's (technomate) website and it states on the TM NANo 3T page "2x HD Satellite (DVB-S2) + 1x HD Terrestrial (DVB-T2) Tuners" and on the WOS site it says "2x HD Satellite (DVB-S/S2) + 1x HD Hybrid Cable / Terrestrial (DVB-C/T/T2) Tuners".

There is a difference of wording. But to clarify despite the difference of wording does the TM NANO 3T on the technomate website have a cable tuner installed as well?

Title
    Thanks
    The third tuner will work for cable or terrestrial depending on what you set it as.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry if I came across poorly. I see the cause of your confusion. The receiver is very good. If you decide to buy it, you should be pleased with it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Im sorry friend, please dont get angry with me. Im new to this so I dont know everything. I do believe you and others.

I have been on the manufacturer's (technomate) website and it states on the TM NANo 3T page "2x HD Satellite (DVB-S2) + 1x HD Terrestrial (DVB-T2) Tuners" and on the WOS site it says "2x HD Satellite (DVB-S/S2) + 1x HD Hybrid Cable / Terrestrial (DVB-C/T/T2) Tuners".

There is a difference of wording. But to clarify despite the difference of wording does the TM NANO 3T on the technomate website have a cable tuner installed as well?
    TM often have badly translated specs, also copied to other retailer sites.
    The 3rd tuner on this box will work on cable or terrestrial, not both at the same time.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The third tuner will work for cable or terrestrial depending on what you set it as.
    Thanks.

I understand that the wording does imply it is a hybrid tuner even if it doesn't state it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    TM often have badly translated specs, also copied to other retailer sites.
    The 3rd tuner on this box will work on cable or terrestrial, not both at the same time.
    Oh ok. Thanks.

Just to clarify on all hybrid tuners does cable and terrestrial not work at the same time?

How would you set up each and why can't both work at the same time?

Title
    Thanks
    Would I need to flash a boot loader as I can't find it on the open VIX site or just flash the VIX image?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Oh ok. Thanks.

Just to clarify on all hybrid tuners does cable and terrestrial not work at the same time?

How would you set up each and why can't both work at the same time?
    How many answers do you need? 3rd tuner on this box can be used as a cable or terrestrial tuner, you choose.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Would I need to flash a boot loader as I can't find it on the open VIX site or just flash the VIX image?
    No, Technomate has not released an updated bootloader, so the factory installed bootloader is the only one available.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    So will the updated VIX image work on the factory boot loader?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast