Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Channel keeps suddenly changing to random station!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jukkal View Post
    True, but at least the attacker must first guess a working login and the right password before being able to do anything. (Not that it necessarily prevents all attackers, but at least they need some more effort, and that may keep some of them away.)

If, in addition to disabling root login and requiring password for another user acccount, the router passes traffic to the receiver only from certain known ip address(es) only at certain given times, I think it should be safe enough for most of us.

But anyway, I'd like to have an option to prevent any setting changes via OpenWebif, allowing only streaming and adding timers. And it would be really nice to be able to have one account with these restrictions and another one that can do anything you can do. now.
    The login will make no difference at all, enigma2 is not setup with security in mind, regardless of what authentication you set on the image a open port will allow full unmetered access to your receiver. The best way to secure the receiver is to setup a dedicated VPN to route the traffic or don't open ports in the first place, authentication in enigma2 is worthless as it currently stands.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    you could always setup a VPN at home, so you dont have these problems.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (24-03-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ill second that. I had my ports opened and my channels kept being changed to kids channels (nick jnr, to be precise). Luckily for me my router has vpn feature built-in, so set that up and had np problems since.
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s1m0nw For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (24-03-15),pembo (24-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Yep - sounds like VPN is the way to go - cheers guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12