Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: AutoBouquetMaker/ Autobouquets by lraizer Difference?

Title
    Thanks

Question AutoBouquetMaker/ Autobouquets by lraizer Difference?

Just wanted to know whats the difference between AutoBouquetMaker and Autobouquets by lraizer ? am currently using Autobouquets by lraizer which I hear is more customizable then AutoBouquetMaker? don't know what are the differences? but I have never used AutoBouquetMaker. Also which option needs to be selected to get all the UK channels including a channel like setanta sports in AutoBouquetMaker? Also will SNP picons work with AutoBouquetMaker?
    Last edited by shadowman007; 18-03-15 at 17:54.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Autobouquets by Lraizer only supports sky uk, ABM by the OE-ALLIANCE (ViX) Supports something like 20 satellite, cable and terrestrial providers throughout Europe, and is being continuously improved / updated.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

shadowman007 (18-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Autobouquets by Lraizer only supports sky uk, ABM by the OE-ALLIANCE (ViX) Supports something like 20 satellite, cable and terrestrial providers throughout Europe, and is being continuously improved / updated.
    Thanks for that, also will picons SNP work with AutoBouquetMaker and can I have them on a USB stick?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowman007 View Post
    Thanks for that, also will picons SNP work with AutoBouquetMaker and can I have them on a USB stick?
    Of course they will both ABM and the SNP picons format were created and are maintained on this very forum.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Of course they will both ABM and the SNP picons format were created and are maintained on this very forum.
    Yeah it's just that with the Autobouquets by Lraizer the SNP picons need to be kept on a ext file system as you cannot create symlinks on a fat32 device (USB)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ABM and the SNP picon format are a ViX / OE-A creation so they are fully compatible. LraiZers plugin is his own creation and updated by him so it can be a while before certain updates get included.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you are using a Duo2, we are getting conflicting reports about SNPs on the LCD. Some people say they work, some people say they don't.

This is probably because there are two displays on the Duo2.

I sent an email to the author of linux4lcd, it bounced. Even for normal picons, the plugin is re-doing things instead of importing things.

The only thing ABM lacks in comparison to AB 28.2 in terms of functionality is "custom sort".

ABM's "Custom LCN" is the same as "Custom swap" on AB 28.2

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,964 Times in 3,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The only thing ABM lacks in comparison to AB 28.2 in terms of functionality is "custom sort".
    Just to clarify that point... In AB 28.2, "Sort 3" allows the users to create bouquets where the "sections" bouquets follow a different order to the "main" bouquet.

So if you want that go for AB 28.2. But if you want a plugin that is active maintained, with with almost instant bug fixes and new providers being frequently added, go for ABM.
    Last edited by Huevos; 18-03-15 at 20:51.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

gilvey (17-09-15)