Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Here you can post your remarks and questions

Title
    Rytec Support Moderator
    Thanks

Here you can post your remarks and questions

Hello @all,

If you have any suggestions or remarks about our EPG data post it here in this section.

Willy (Doglover) and I will be glad to answer and to help you.

You have to choose a prefix when you start a new post, this is very useful for us to examine already some points before giving you the correct answer.

I'm sure we will find our ways through this.

regards,
    Ryan

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rytec For This Useful Post:

bassethound (09-12-10),canthackit (09-12-10),Larry-G (08-12-10),pooface (08-12-10),Sicilian (08-12-10),silverfox0786 (08-12-10)

Title
    Thanks
    what ive seen is brilliant,but im just wondering if putting every one of your foreign ones causes the vu + duo to crash.
    also my m8 has dreambox but when he downloads your file it doesnt update will there be a fix soon
    cheers

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no23 View Post
    what ive seen is brilliant,but im just wondering if putting every one of your foreign ones causes the vu + duo to crash.
    also my m8 has dreambox but when he downloads your file it doesnt update will there be a fix soon
    cheers
    Please post more info, dreambox model, image etc...
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

rytec (10-12-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Please post more info, dreambox model, image etc...
    mine vu + duo with vix 1.3

the dreambox 800 is sim201e_DreamEliteBH_DM800_133D_ssl76a (i think)
    he just said it downloads from the server,but just get now and next since last 2 weeks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    rytec,

Have been using rytec for years... Well done.
    One thing though (and its an issue with lots of sources) is it possible to clear out all the extra text thats different from the next / now info. Things like (R), (T), (S) and extra spaces before and in the middle of the text.
    It really effects autotimers and EPG searches.

Any ideas....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dfdream For This Useful Post:

rytec (10-12-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Here in Scandinavia, most channels are subbed in all our languages, and the EPG is also presented in most of our different languages. A movie can have one title in Sweden, and a different title in Norway or Denmark. My wee problem for the time being, is the fact that when I zap, the title of the show going on, is first presented in one language, and then switches over to my settings.

Imagine a movie called "The King". In Swedish it would be "Kungen", and in Norwegian it would be "Kongen". If I zap to a channel sending this imaginary movie, I would first read "Kungen" for a second or two, before the title changes into "Kongen". I know that it might seem like a small problem, but I can tell you that it is pretty annoying... Even more annoying is it when most of the titles in the EPG-list, is displayed in the wrong language.

I can't remember that I've had this problem before, and I've been thinking that it might have bee caused by me, experimenting with the EPG-settings. I've tried both the Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish XMLTV providers, as it was some channels without EPG in the beginning. In order to find out what is happening, I really would like to know how I can reset the EPG files in the box. Is it possible in any way to delete the existing EPG-files, so I can get a fresh start..? For the time being, none of the providers are activated, not even the MHW, Freesat, EIT and ViaSat EPG's are enabled. Still I get the same, full EPG.

I've tried deleting the epg.dat files from hdd and media/hdd, as well as all the files in the crossepg-folder, but for no good. They re-appear as soon as I reload the EPG/restart the box. For now, I'm giving up... All deleted files are restored and given the correct properties, so it should now be just like it was before I started the attempt in deleting the EPG-data. Maybe I will have to wait for a full week, in order to let the EPG be out-dated..?

If you could advice me in this, I sure would be glad.

Title
    Rytec Support Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    rytec,

Have been using rytec for years... Well done.
    One thing though (and its an issue with lots of sources) is it possible to clear out all the extra text thats different from the next / now info. Things like (R), (T), (S) and extra spaces before and in the middle of the text.
    It really effects autotimers and EPG searches.

Any ideas....
    Hello,

Well some people ask to include all this data and others ask to remove it, this will be difficult for us.
    We already remove some text.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rytec For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-12-10)

Title
    Rytec Support Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamram View Post
    Here in Scandinavia, most channels are subbed in all our languages, and the EPG is also presented in most of our different languages. A movie can have one title in Sweden, and a different title in Norway or Denmark. My wee problem for the time being, is the fact that when I zap, the title of the show going on, is first presented in one language, and then switches over to my settings.

Imagine a movie called "The King". In Swedish it would be "Kungen", and in Norwegian it would be "Kongen". If I zap to a channel sending this imaginary movie, I would first read "Kungen" for a second or two, before the title changes into "Kongen". I know that it might seem like a small problem, but I can tell you that it is pretty annoying... Even more annoying is it when most of the titles in the EPG-list, is displayed in the wrong language.

I can't remember that I've had this problem before, and I've been thinking that it might have bee caused by me, experimenting with the EPG-settings. I've tried both the Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish XMLTV providers, as it was some channels without EPG in the beginning. In order to find out what is happening, I really would like to know how I can reset the EPG files in the box. Is it possible in any way to delete the existing EPG-files, so I can get a fresh start..? For the time being, none of the providers are activated, not even the MHW, Freesat, EIT and ViaSat EPG's are enabled. Still I get the same, full EPG.

I've tried deleting the epg.dat files from hdd and media/hdd, as well as all the files in the crossepg-folder, but for no good. They re-appear as soon as I reload the EPG/restart the box. For now, I'm giving up... All deleted files are restored and given the correct properties, so it should now be just like it was before I started the attempt in deleting the EPG-data. Maybe I will have to wait for a full week, in order to let the EPG be out-dated..?

If you could advice me in this, I sure would be glad.
    Please start a new topic for this problem

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rytec For This Useful Post:

Hamram (10-12-10)

Title
    Rytec Support Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by no23 View Post
    mine vu + duo with vix 1.3

the dreambox 800 is sim201e_DreamEliteBH_DM800_133D_ssl76a (i think)
    he just said it downloads from the server,but just get now and next since last 2 weeks
    I also have a DM800 for testing because I use a VuDuo which for me is the best receiver.
    And I know that my DM800 is slow and has not much memory so it is possible it crashes more often.
    Also there were some Sky UK epg issues for Black Hole 2 weeks ago but these have been solved. It was a failure at our side, not in the image.