Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Timeout for tuner lock

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Timeout for tuner lock

Hi all,

I have had my zero for a couple of weeks now and have had this constant error message when trying to run ABM and crossepg. I gave up trying and just installed the remote channel stream converter plugin which works fine but I am irritated with not being able to setup how I want. I had some old crappy receiver in its place previously that I had no issue with whatsoever in searching for channels but this receiver just isn't having it, I mention the older receiver because it shows there is no issue with the feed.

Thanks for reading...

Oh by the way, I deleted the stream plugin, fully rebooted but it still shows the channels via streaming??
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Come on guys, surely someone has seen the error '' timeout for tuner lock'' lol.. I'm guessing it is something to do with a tuner not being free which could be because I can't stop the plugin from streaming from my solo2? Having said that, i did get this error even before installing the plugin, I have three feeds from dish.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    could it be one of your feeds are faulty,streaming is done via web is it not by lan so you could look at recordings on hdd while recording on box.if you tried it on one feed do you still get an error? i did and down to bad connection.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The feed was working fine though mate using a different receiver? I will try at some point to bring it downstairs and try another feed to rule out the tuner being faulty on the Zero.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok, quick update.. I have this evening finally brought the zero downstairs to test on the 2 solo2 feeds. Strange one this, first one again gave the message timeout for tuner lock when I tried to dl abm and crossepg and the other feed worked perfectly. This can only make me think that there's nothing wrong with the zero but I have 2 bunk feeds. What is puzzling me though is a couple of things. 1, if one of the feeds downstairs isn't working why is it that I can watch one channel and record another on my solo2 without any issues? 2, why when I plug the bunk feed downstairs into my solo2 does this then allow remote stream converter to work on my zero? 3, why when I plug the feed into my zero upstairs does it then interrupt the viewing on my solo2 ie picture breaking up if the feed is dead upstairs.

So many questions lol.. What do you guys think?

Title
    Thanks
    hiya have you tried putting the zero down stairs and solo2 up stairs connected at the same time and see if you get the same problem or each connected alone.

could you have missed something in tuner setup or both setup dhcp or manual

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, not tried the solo2 upstairs but have tried another receiver and also not getting any signal. Tuner setup on both boxes is spot on.

Title
    Thanks
    Think is a general issue. I have a Solo 2 with the same error on scan Timeout for tuner lock. The SNR% on both tunners are 80% and I know the sat dish is ok as I have a freesat tv and the channels are working fine

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    @m1nz, stick to one thread please.

You have not answered teh questions asked of you.