Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: using both cable tuners

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

using both cable tuners

Hi
    With the mut@nt you can have two cable tuners fitted. Has anyone managed to use both of them at the same time, are there any issues with cable signal loss using both of them. Can you record from one cable tuner and record from another without losing picture quality?
    Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can fit 2 separate cables or you can Just fit a loop cable between the 2 tuners and set them up separate either way they will work just fine

I have 4 tuners all interlinked with loop cables and it works perfect

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So you are using both the cable tuners?
    Forget loop. So you have to feeds from your cable provider into both tuners on the mut@nt. So you can record one cable channel and watch another?
    Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have 4 cable tuners fitted to my Mutant not 2 and I only have 1 cable feed connected to tuner 1 then looped through to tuner 2 - then tuner 2 is looped through to tuner 3 and tuner 3 is looped through to tuner 4 and like I said previously the Mutant is working perfect with just 1 cable feed, I have also tried connecting 2 cable feeds and the end result was the same as with just the 1
    one other point do not forget to Enable all your cable tuners and set them to Virgin UK

Mut@nt cable tuners set up .jpg Mut@nt cable tuners set up 1.jpg Mut@nt cable tuners set up 2.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    I have 4 cable tuners fitted to my Mutant not 2 and I only have 1 cable feed connected to tuner 1 then looped through to tuner 2 - then tuner 2 is looped through to tuner 3 and tuner 3 is looped through to tuner 4 and like I said previously the Mutant is working perfect with just 1 cable feed, I have also tried connecting 2 cable feeds and the end result was the same as with just the 1
    one other point do not forget to Enable all your cable tuners and set them to Virgin UK

Mut@nt cable tuners set up .jpg Mut@nt cable tuners set up 1.jpg Mut@nt cable tuners set up 2.jpg
    I am a bit confused by your set up. If you only have one cable tuner fitted. Does that not mean you can only have one tuner which is acive. So you will not be able to record a channel and watch another channel at the same time. It also looks like you have no satellite tuners on there?
    Is that the case for you

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    he has 4 cable tuners fitted as indicated by his tuner setup.

only main feed connected to tuner a and the rest have loop through cables.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    he has 4 cable tuners fitted as indicated by his tuner setup.

only main feed connected to tuner a and the rest have loop through cables.
    I do not understand the advantage of the loop through cables? If there is only one main feed going into tuner a, why would you loop it to another tuner?
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Satellite: You cannot share/split cable
    A tuner without a cable can be configured as "loop through" to make use of what the tuner with cable is locked onto. This is software based and you are restricted in what you can watch.

Terrestrial/Cable: You can share split cable cable.
    If you extend/split/loop out a cable, each tuner has a signal cable to it. It must be configured to match the signal cable that it has. This is not same "loop through". As tuner is receiveing signal, it is independednt of other tuner.

Attached Images Attached Images

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (11-03-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Satellite: You cannot share/split cable
    A tuner without a cable can be configured as "loop through" to make use of what the tuner with cable is locked onto. This is software based and you are restricted in what you can watch.

Terrestrial/Cable: You can share split cable cable.
    If you extend/split/loop out a cable, each tuner has a signal cable to it. It must be configured to match the signal cable that it has. This is not same "loop through". As tuner is receiveing signal, it is independednt of other tuner.

I still do not understand the advanatge
    I know with satellite, you have a feed from the dish and a cable going from it to the satellite receiver into the lnb in slot. If you have a twin satellite then you need 2 feeds from the dish. That all makes sense

But with the cable you have a virgin media coax cable that you screw in with an f connector so you can receive cable signal. Now this is connected to one cable tuner. In order for you to use both cable tuners independantly, do you not have to split the coax cable and insert a splitter so you can get 2 cable feeds into each tuner.?
    By using one cable into one of the cable tuners on the mut@nt, what would the advanatge in using one feed from your cable line and looping it onto to another cable tuner?

So in that picture you posted. Am i correct in saying it shows one cable going into the receiver (could this be the mut@nt) going into the cable tuner and a loop cable going from that tuner into another one?

Sorry if that sounds confusing, i just want to get my head around this.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Cable and terrestrial TV feeds can be looped out allowing you to use multiple tuners with a single feed, as with nsw9154's setup above he can use all four cable tuners in his receiver with a single feed to one tuner, then he loops that feed out to the other tuners in turn.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm not a cable person to be honest as I have never lived in a cable area, but I do know that if your signal is too strong or too weak it can cause all kinds of problems.

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Cable and terrestrial TV feeds can be looped out allowing you to use multiple tuners with a single feed, as with nsw9154's setup above he can use all four cable tuners in his receiver with a single feed to one tuner, then he loops that feed out to the other tuners in turn.

Oh ok.
    I didn't know you could do that. So you feed the actual cable into the input of let's say tuner c and you insert a loop cable from the rf out into the rf in on tuner d for example?
    Is this correct?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Oh ok.
    I didn't know you could do that. So you feed the actual cable into the input of let's say tuner c and you insert a loop cable from the rf out into the rf in on tuner d for example?
    Is this correct?
    I am not sure if you use a physical cable or just set the tuner to loop through in the tuner settings to enable a internal loop through but the principle is the same. Someone with the receiver and tuners would be able to confirm exactly what is needed though.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you can not set the cable tuners to loop through via the internal software like you can with sat they have to be physically connected via cables

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nsw9154 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (11-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I stand corrected, there is no software "loop through" option for the combo tuners. Sorry.

As above, bottom line is each of the tuners must have a cable to it. How you do it is up to you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast