Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Strange problem

Title
    Thanks

Strange problem

Im trying to get two vu solo 2's to work in the same house. Its strange as i can't get them to work simultaneously. Only on encrypted channels mind you...At first I thought it was an easy fix, both boxes were set to DHCP ON and were actually pulling the same IP address. I don't know why. Anyway I gave them manual IP but same situation, one box works and the other doesn't but does glitch, both boxes would maybe work for a small time...

Ive changed all three power line adaptors and cat5e cables, no change?

Ive checked all settings on router, made sure no devices in house were taking the IP address....

Ive rebooted everything...

Ive no problems with broadband on any devices, my broadband is bt inifinity...Ive got the new hub and realised the open reach box is not required, I removed it but no change...

I really can't understand what it could be, Im fairly competent and have exhausted every avenue..Im not able to run cat6 cables direct to router...I may try wireless dongles, what type of wireless dongles work with vix apollo

Is it maybe anything to do with the mac address or name of the device, like they are both vu solos, does my bt hub maybe see them as the one box and not two different boxes....

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

Strange problem

Strange, but if you've set both with different ip addresses it should work. What is your set up?
    Where is your card located?
    Please tell us more. I'm suspecting, and please forgive me if I'm wrong, that you're talking about a method we are not allowed to talk about.

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll..
    Last edited by TK4|2|1; 12-02-15 at 07:50.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The problem you have is caused by the method you are using to view pay TV, I don't need to say more than this do I?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Run one as a slave using the remote channel stream plugin ... Forget exactly what it's called .... Assuming you have 2 tuners on the master it will solve the issue.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    No as stated, I have exhausted every possible avenue. This issue is confined to this one house. I never had issues running multiples boxes but in fact I've never ran two identical models, so I'm going to try and different brand of box. I have a tm nano 2 super I can try.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    It's nothing to do with them being the same model, unless they are clones and are sharing a MAC address.and thats as far as that discussion is going.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have said what your problem is, 3 of us can't all be wrong can we?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me