Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Forgotten Vu+ Duo 2 Password

Title
    Thanks

Forgotten Vu+ Duo 2 Password

Hi all,

A while back I changed my box password as I was streaming externally and felt like others were accessing the box.

I seem to be able to FTP on my box through iDreamX as my password must be saved. How can I reset the password?

I've attached a screenshot of what I get when opening a telnet session.

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 18.37.31.png

Any help is much appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    I was entering 'passwrd' as I saw on other posts instead of 'passwd'. This resolved it and means I didn't have a password set on the box afterall.

This thread can be closed.

Thanks

johnnyyen
    u can change it without the need for the old one

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zah1d View Post
    Hi all,

A while back I changed my box password as I was streaming externally and felt like others were accessing the box.
    Even with a password set if you open ports on your router to stream channels outside of your local network people can get into your receiver, a password in this case is of no use at all.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyen View Post
    u can change it without the need for the old one
    Hi johnnyyen

I would really like to do this as I've forgotton my password and I don't want to re-flash my vu receiver just to get back the default password.
    could you tell me how to do what you say is possible please.
    Cheers
    expatnick