Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABM - upgrade to appollo 132 breaks it for me.

Title
    Thanks

ABM - upgrade to appollo 132 breaks it for me.

box = vu+ solo2
    had my box over a week, came flashed with vix (131), been working spot on

Got a flashing green icon so upgraded to appollo build 132 (from 131)

As soon as I upgraded there were multiple blank ABM sperarator pages in the EPG (in between the correctly displayed bouquet pages), along with random posisitioned 'last scanned' and 'favourites' (which I never had set up and which were unticked), the blank seperator pages would go on for ever (and you would have to zap all the way back to get to your bouquets).

I deleted all the ABMs, rescanned, changed providers, rescanned, re-deleted etc. etc. (and redownloaded the crosss epg etc.) and rebooted the box multiple times - nothing made any difference,, as soon as I reverted back to 131 image all was back to normal.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I have Solo2 and updated from 131 to 132 n all fine here.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I did a fresh usb install of 132 on my Solo2 and don't have any issue with ABM using Sky UK SD (ie ZZL sky uk)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok ta.

I upgraded from within the menu system (is that the way to do it ?)
    I didn't change or do anything else, the provider set up is sky(SD) and I had it setup to hide most sections apart from all,entertainmanint,movies,kids,sports and documentaries (pretty new to this not sure what zzl means)

so this was all working and displayed correctly the epg (I used the installed cross epg)

After updating I got blank pages in between some of the sections (eg, when going between sections in the epg I would get a balnk page with no listings, then multiple balnk pages elsewhere,i t was a just a mess basically)

So I tried just using different providers (sky fta and sky) in isolation and got pretty much the same result. (and hiding / unhiding different sections)

Any ideas?? I can upgrade again and do screenshots of the blank pages if it would help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Mine was a fresh install without settings restore.

An online update (as you did) generally keeps existing settings.

Andy said he updated from 131 to 132 but not sure if he did it via online update as well.

It could be that it's because you have things hidden (which I don't).

I believe there have been some changes to the EPG I'm sure I read the in 132 update log so this could be more EPG related rather than ABM.

You could try removing all settings related to ABM and use the delete function within menu for the EPG.

To remove all ABM settings do this (taken from Abu's thread):-

Put enigma to sleep with telnet command
    Code:
    init 4
    Using FTP program (such as Filezilla) navigate to /etc/enigma2
    Using a linux compatible file editor (such as Notepad++, not default windows notepad) edit the file called "settings"
    Delete the lines that start with
    Code:
    config.autobouquetsmaker
    Save and transfer back to receiver
    Restart receiver by telnet:
    Code:
    init 6

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It could be just need fine tuning in your set ups here are some snapshots of how my Duo2 is set up to give you some idea

ABM 1.jpg ABM 2.jpg ABM 3.jpg ABM 4.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    thnaks all,upgrade again same result, here's my stettings (retained during upgrade ok)
    screenshots show blank page example I am getting, not tried telnet thing yet will try that next, but the strange thing is all settings seem to be the same as the working pre-upgrade settings, the only thing that has changed is the upgrade;
    should say I again I have tried unhiding/hiding sections and using diff providers - still get same issue, also tried toggling 'keep all non boquet markers' as in screenshot above - no different.

I have deleted the epg, but again the blank pages appeared (the other bouquets still appeared with channel names but without programs)

re-downloading the epg - back to square one, still blank pages in between the fully populated and working ones.

I cant seem to see the boquets provider order as in screenshot 2 above?

20150203_200948_Android.jpg20150203_201117_Android.jpg20150203_201134_Android.jpg20150203_201155_Android.jpg20150203_201304_Android.jpgtried
    Last edited by bigvern; 03-02-15 at 21:29.

Title
    Thanks
    here's another blank one actually different as it's titled separator

20150203_203211_Android.jpg

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just a thought have you setup your EPG you need to run that so that ABM can find the feeds

EPG .jpg EPG 1.jpg EPG 2.jpg EPG 3.jpg EPG 4.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    tried telent, different result now bouquets are ordered as; Blank pages,HD Channels, Separator, FAvourites, Last scanned, All channels.. - so still a mess
    after telnet tried bouquet deleting, epg deleting - redownloading etc, rebooting etc.....

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    Just a thought have you setup your EPG you need to run that so that ABM can find the feeds
    ta , well I didnt have those 2 providers ticked , so did that and deleted and recreated bouquets etc, same result.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That's strange mate my Duo2 is running perfect and picking up all the channels without a problem on them settings

I noticed that you have your area set to Border England where exactly are you as changing that setting might work
    Last edited by nsw9154; 03-02-15 at 22:54.

Title
    Thanks
    I am in that area, (was set for that area as well when everything was perfect prior to upgrading) - tried changing it anyway but same result -- bit cheesed off now..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Do the follwoing, make sure that in the channel settings menu you have option for "unlinked bouquets" as in attached picture.

Telnet the following command which will remove all bouquets and then run ABM again after restart.

Code:
    init 4 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu, that setting was as per the screenshot already on my box, I have ran the telnet command , the box rebooted and got the openvix desktop, I checked the settings (enable unlinked bouquets was still as per screenshot), still the same with totally blank pages as per prev screenshots separating the bouquets. I downloaded both the working 'enigma2' folder and the broken one if thats any use?
    The box came with the vix image 131 already on it, if that makes any difference (got it from www.world-of-satellite.co.uk) not downloaded any extra plugins, standard setup and was perfect (I can revert and all epg bouquets are perfect, no pages inbetween etc. but obv I want to be able to keep the box uptodate rather than stay on an old image)

ta.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast