Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iptv

Title
    Thanks

iptv

anyone got this set up on there boxes

2. The Following User Says Thank You to valhalla For This Useful Post:

bigcoops (10-02-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi mate yes works on tsmedia plugin.

Title
    Thanks
    yes got that one but sometimes it locks up and I get the spinning circle in the top left corner then I have to reboot

do you have any probs when running yours

Title
    Thanks
    Sometimes it takes a while to pull the info in.
    Also try iptv list updater from the plugins.

Title
    Thanks
    What version of TSMedia are you running.

My box is connected with homeplugs to the router.
    I've tried a couple of versions of the program but both times it seems to end up with the activity light flashing very fast. This causes internet connectivity from other devices to stop, and the router even drops it's wifi connections.
    Unplugging the ethernet from the box lets the router recover, and re-establish its wifi connections.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi People

Im a newbie to the site so please be gentle

Im also interested in accessing IPTV along side my SAT, im in the processes of purchasing a replacement box for my father after his skybox F5s stopped working, looking at a enigma 2 box so was wondering if anyone could recommend a good cheap Enigma 2 box that i could use IPTV on also ??????????

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I would go with either the Technomate Nano-SE or the Vu+ Zero if you are after cheap cheap!! They are both single feed receivers, no internal hdd option just external if you require one and you will be able to download tsMedia from the feeds.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Andy

I went for the Technomate Nano SE, have ordered with the Vix image and waiting for delivery tomorrow

This is a step up from the rubbish, made in china skybox.cc , I have done some research into how to add me ccamm file onto the box and it all looks rather complicated, having to connect over a network and ftp the file and plugins across to the box. Im wondering if this is still the case as the tutorial was 3 or 4 years old ?

Does anyone know if the Vix image will have the ccamm plug in already and if i can just stick my ccamm onto a usb and upload ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

iptv

You have three options to install plugins.

1. Directly from the image plugin feeds (menu-plugins-green button)
    2. Via a FTP session (it may look complicated but it really isn't, and it is worth your while to learn how to use a FTP client as you will need it as some point with these receivers).
    3. Manually place the plugin you want onto a USB stick (the plugin should be a .ipk file) then place the USB stick into the receiver while watching live TV. You will then be asked if you want to install the newly detected plugin.

ViX does not come with any cams pre installed but they can be downloaded from the feeds, you will have to provide your own config files as we will not provide them and we do not permit talk of card sharing on this forum for legal reasons.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Pheonix

Thanks for the response, i guess i will just have a play and see how it goes.

Im interested to see what other plugins are available, as you know im interested in IPTV but im sure there are alot more things that can be done with the hard and software

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    There are some IPTV plugins available from the feeds such as TSmedia but I'm the wrong person to ask about them as IPTV is not really my thing.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok so I got the Technomate Nano SE yesterday and managed to have a play with it and set it up. My first impression is that it is a very tidy box; I’m coming from the Skybox's so using a Linux box was different but very manageable. The preloaded VIX image was easy enough to us and set up, I managed to FTP my ccamm across using a FTP client on my smart phone, easy enough but needed to Google the username / password of the box, I could not find it anywhere in the setting or the manual, but it’s just "root" with no password for anyone else wondering. I was silly enough to do a blind scan, so I got nearly 1000 channels, lots of multiples and can’t figure out how to delete them. Activated a sky UK bouquet but I don’t like the way the channels appear and you have to press the blue button to go through the favourites to change favourites categories etc etc, its more complicated and more buttons need to be pressed than on the simpler Skybox's. I installed plugins, Kodi was there, TSMedia was there, although both installed and loaded up, it was frustrating as I couldn’t actually get anything to come up on either of them, tried searching for this and that and to play this and that but nothing would play, either because of error or because it simply could not be found. Compared to SKY's own HD+ picture the HD picture on the Technomate Nano SE isn’t as good, its good don’t get me wrong but when switching back to the official sky box after completing the setup I noticed the difference. I will continue to tinker with it and let you all know how I get along, being a Newbie to these boxes please forgive me if I’m making basic errors in set ups etc but I will continue

Title
    Thanks
    Press the tv button on the remote and your bouquets will be listed, just press the menu n remove entry to delete.
    As for a channel list, are you using the built in ABM by ViX?
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Im using Vix at the moment, ordered preloaded from WOS

Title
    Thanks
    Channels don't come pre loaded. Delete channels as I stated above n then setup ABM, menu, setup, service searching, ABM etc. use Sky (SD) UK to populate your channels, this mimics the sky's numbering etc. If you want help setting ABM up I will post my settings for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast