Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Always "1 updated package available", but never updates!

Title
    Thanks

Always "1 updated package available", but never updates!

Info: GigaBlue Quad Plus, Apollo 125. WD 1T Red HDD. 2xBCM7346 DVB-S2 + 2xGiga DVB-C/T2 tuners.

After updating I've been left with "1 updated package available";
    • Viewing the changes is blank for both OE changes and E2 log, applying the update anyway doesn't install the package.
    • Upgrade and reboot system; doesn't install the package.
    • Update channel list only; doesn't install the package.

In /home/root/ipkgupgrade.log there's;
    Collected errors:
    * check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-maxwells-constellation wants to install file /etc/enigma2/radio.mvi
    But that file is already provided by package * enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-maxwells-smoke
    * check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-maxwells-constellation wants to install file /etc/enigma2/backdrop.mvi
    But that file is already provided by package * enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-maxwells-smoke
    * check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-maxwells-constellation wants to install file /etc/enigma2/bootlogo.mvi

Could that be the reason?

So I suppose my questions are; 1) what is/how can I find out what package needs updating and 2) how do I?!

Thanks,

John.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Menu -> Plugins -> Red button (to remove installed plugins)
    Remove bootlogos installed & let us know if it fixes the issue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

morrijr (20-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Menu -> Plugins -> Red button (to remove installed plugins)
    Remove bootlogos installed & let us know if it fixes the issue.
    Hi judge, thanks for that. The "1 updated package available" has gone away. I'm still getting the blinking green swirl which indicates an update(?) but when I do Menu -> Setup -> Software update I get a message saying "Nothing to upgrade".

It'll probably right itself next upgrade.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

John.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Is there no way that packages which update boot logo files can be marked as incompatible, so that you can't install one without having first de-installed the current one?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by morrijr View Post
    It'll probably right itself next upgrade.
    It did. Thanks!

John.