Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: @Mutant HD2400 owners.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up @Mutant HD2400 owners.

Have been trying to install Alpha E2BMC i have 2 files bootloader and image file. When i flash the bootloader it seems to of gone ok, but when i put usb stick in pc to delete bootloader and load image file, i found that it has added 2 files from my Mut@nt hard drive movie & timeshift. Then i have flashed the image file but after an hour of flashing i gave up and restarted the box then it locked up and had to do a reflash with new image. There seems to be no support from W.O.S or from the Mut@nt website on how to install the 2 E2BMC files or how you excess XBMC once loaded. Any one like to add there two penny worth then please jump in.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    All you need to do is flash the e2bmc image like you would the standard OpenViX image.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    All you need to do is flash the e2bmc image like you would the standard OpenViX image.
    That is what I did after about an hour waiting for it to flash i rebooted then had to reinstall fresh image because it locked up.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    That is what I did after about an hour waiting for it to flash i rebooted then had to reinstall fresh image because it locked up.
    It is a beta image afterall so what do you expect ?.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I excpected to install it on the box at least for £350 beta image or not.

Title
    Thanks
    I excpected to install it on the box at least for £350 beta image or not.
    If you are not prepared to have issues with beta/test images, you should use the factory image which is the stable version.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    We are talking about the E2bmc Alpha for the xbmc NOT the Vix image.

Title
    Thanks
    We are talking about the E2bmc Alpha for the xbmc NOT the Vix image.
    I understand, Blu-ray. It's even worse being an alpha (not a really tested/seasoned image) so you wouldn't have that "trust" feeling with it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xhemp View Post
    I understand, Blu-ray. It's even worse being an alpha (not a really tested/seasoned image) so you wouldn't have that "trust" feeling with it
    Trust has got nothing to do with it, it just don't f*****g work, as i said for £350 i would at least like to have installed the E2bmx image and then decide for my self if the E2bmc alpha is worth having or not.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Trust has got nothing to do with it, it just don't f*****g work, as i said for £350 i would at least like to have installed the E2bmx image and then decide for my self if the E2bmc alpha is worth having or not.
    You paid £350 for a enigma2 based receiver and from what I understand the enigma2 based images work as well on this receiver as any other, the E2bmc image however is as already stated a alpha release and as such there are absolutely no guarantees it will work or even boot up for that matter.

If you are having trouble understanding this maybe you should go back to a plug and play sky uk receiver.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    E2bmc Image flashes fine here and boots as it should. When you flash the bootloader, make sure you press the DOWN arrow to flash it, NOT the UP arrow.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    E2bmc Image flashes fine here and boots as it should. When you flash the bootloader, make sure you press the DOWN arrow to flash it, NOT the UP arrow.
    Hi Sicilian, You say to flash bootloader press the down arrow, yet in your sticky threads for flashing Mut@nt HD 2400 you say use the up arrow to flash the image. Is it up for the image and down for the bootloader as you describe.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    UP for image, DOWN for bootloader.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (23-01-15)