Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: new user

Title
    Thanks

new user

Hi, just want to check something about this box before I buy. I have both a sky and UPC (Ireland) cable feed and am looking for a combo box, this box seems to do what I want but want to double check it will connect to both my services. My other choice is the Gigablue hd 800 combo, which would be the better of the two boxes. If there's a better option in this price range I'd love to hear too. Thanks in advance.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello and welcome to the forum the Nano-3T is supposed to be a Excellent receiver and far superior to the GB 800, as it has the Nano 3T Dual 1.3 MHZ processor
    the QB 800 only has a 751 MHZ processor and is not as fast as the Nano 3T and the Nano 3T should do everything that you require

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I would go with the Technomate Nano 3T, looks an excellent combo receiver.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys, thanks so much for your replies. I am leaning more towards the technomate to be honest just have to get this decision right or the wife will never let me hear the end of it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    I don't believe you will be able to receive UPC cable services as they are encrypted. The SKY card would work for SD services only. Terrestrial TV (Saorview) will be fine providing you have an aerial.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    I don't believe you will be able to receive UPC cable services as they are encrypted. The SKY card would work for SD services only. Terrestrial TV (Saorview) will be fine providing you have an aerial.
    I'm an U P C customer so should be ok on that one.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Do you have confirmation that a UPC card will work in the reader? I haven't seen any posts from UPC customers on this forum (not one myself so can't verify).
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Started setting up my box today, fantastic piece of kit. One thing I think I got mixed up when looking at which box to buy was the pause and rewind feature. Thought this box did it as it has two tuners. Am I missing how to do this on the box or is it not supported?

Title
    Thanks

new user

Press menu, setup, system, scroll up to timeshift settings, and set automatically start timeshift after "2 secs" and set show warning when timeshift is stopped to "no" and green button to save.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (24-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that Andy. After trying what you said, all settings entered fine but nothing happens when I press pause or rewind. Is there something else I need to do?

Title
    Thanks
    Try a restart GUI of the box, that may help?

Title
    Thanks
    That did the trick. Changed the skin and the forced restart did the job. Cheers mate.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi All,

I just seen this post and I was thinking, thank god....its not just me having trouble with Technomate Nano 3T

I just bought one the other day and I can't seem to get the irish Saorview channels. When I scan the region is set to "Scandinavia Europe Dvb-t2" ....there does not seem to be an Ireland Region.
    does anyone know what this should be set to?

Title
    Thanks
    Deleted message
    Technomate TM Nano 3T