Hi

I have a ET6000 which I gave to a friend. It has the VIX image on it. It seems to stop working to I am trying to flash it again with a new image. I have tried the latest 3.0 VIX, PLi and other images and have also tried the old VIX 2.3 and 2.4. I have tried to update the bootloader (I think I have already done so) but it just goes to the xtrend 'the gateway for smart linux tv' screen. Im sure it has a new bootloader as it reads only et6x00 and not et6000.

I followed the guide below:

Format USB memory stick FAT32.

Create et6x00 folder in root of memory stick and copy the following 5 files to that location.

1) imageversion
2) kernel.bin
3) noforce
4) rootfs.bin
5) splash.bin

Insert the USB medium into either USB sockets on the front or rear panel.
Now Power Off and Power On the box through the powerswitch at the rear panel of the box.

After Power On, ET6000 is detecting if there is ET6000 firmware available on the USB stick.
When the yellow/orange led shines then there is ET6000 firmware detected.
To load the ET6000 firmware you'll need to press the up button on the front panel.
When the green led will shine together with he yellow/orange led then the box is loading the firmware.
Please be patient because it will take couple of minutes to finish upgrading.
When the yellow/orange led will disappear then the box is finished upgrading the firmware.
The box will startup automatically after the upgrade is finished.

Everything work except it startsup and gets stuck at the 'Xtrend The gateway for Smart Linux Tv' screen.

I have been trying to get this fixed all day but not having much luck. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Your help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks