Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent help needed - machine is dead ;-(

Title
    Thanks

Urgent help needed - machine is dead ;-(

Hi there

I have gigablue quad plus and it worked till today, then it froze and when rebooted the VIX logo on the nice image when booting was shown but didn't want to continue to continue loading. I could telnet to machine.

So I decided to reflash and it reflashed succesfully and rebooted and there now comes only the VIX IMAGE main boot logo and loading stops.

I tried other images, other logo comes but doesn't want to load any further.

Is the machine dead, what could cause this? As the flash seem to be ok, I can reflash VIX but after reboot it is frozen on the main picture that comes after a second or two and the red light is on at the side.

Any help would be appreciated.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    First make sure you have the latest bootloader flashed for your receiver from www.openvix.co.uk then flash the image again.

p.s my own GB Quad briefly froze during a online update from build 120 to 121 but a simple reboot resolved that issue.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

wallyclaire6831 (11-04-15)

Title
    Thanks
    I have latest bootloader and I just flashed it again, same... I then flashed the image and same again. Stuck on first screen, doesn't want to boot.

How can a receiver die in this wierd way? I have now put out HD and tuners and same thing. Dead.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The box isn't dead, only Enigma2 will not start.
    You have removed all USB devices?
    Did you disconnected the HD in box (put out HD)?
    Vu+ Duo2, OpenVix, 3xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-s2 , 1xdvb-c (Sundtek)
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    ET6500. OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Motor 1m dish

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, I have removed all the USB devices (there were none except the key for flashing). I removed the HD. Same thing, I can reflash anything but after reboot the LED is read and stuck on whatever image I am at (Vix image shows VIX screen).

Are there any other options why Enigma would not start? First it frooze, then reboot got me to the VIX HD image and picture dissapeared for a second and came back to the same screen and telnet wos working. Rebooted again and I got stuck on main first screen after that all reflashed made any difference and the telnet is gone.

I am afraid the box is dead.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You are sure you have no telnet? (ip number ok?)
    In that case I ran out of options. Perhaps someone else knows what to do.
    Vu+ Duo2, OpenVix, 3xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-s2 , 1xdvb-c (Sundtek)
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    ET6500. OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Motor 1m dish

Title
    Thanks
    I don't have telnet any more, as the receiver is stuck on first image that appears after 2 seconds of loading (on TV not on the LCD).

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    What image build are you trying to flash? maybe try an older one with older drivers.

Title
    Thanks
    I tried to flash image rom 31.12., the latest one also and the Open Mips image. In Open MIPS only the boot logo is different and the LCD also has boot logo (in Vix not), but the loading still doesn't continue.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    are you sure your image is not loading correctly ?, I dont mean to come across as a prat but my own GB Quad briefly froze with the ViX splash screen on both the LCD and TV screen last night during a update, all it needed was a reboot and rescan of ABM to repopulate the channel list and it was going again.

Have you tried pressing any buttons on the remote to see if the meun's are coming up ?.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Can you connect to the box via DCC?
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    It doesn't even boot, it is stuck on the OpenVIX boot screen, there is no telnet, no channels and nothing ;-(

How do I connect via DCC, what is DCC, sorry I do not know., I'll try to borrow a Null modem USB to serial cable if I will see anything (but I would need instuctions how to try to connect via null modem cable).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Google Dreambox Control Centre, look for version 1.96 and see if you can connect to your box that way. Its worth a try.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Can you unplug any of your internal tuner cards and try rebooting?
    Also, have you tried flashing using other USB sticks, and reformatting your USB stick using the HP formatting tool?

Title
    Thanks
    I tried to put out my tuners yes but the 2x DVB-S2 are soldered on the board. I tried other USB sticks, but flashing part seems ok, it flashes and reboots without errors.

I can not connect with DCC, as it seems nothing gets loaded on the first boot screen after 2 seconds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast