Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internal hdd not powering up

Title
    Thanks
    if you cant see HDD in Menu> Setup> System> Storage devices. then I think you HDD drive fu-k try a usb stick to see if it shows

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patchy View Post
    if you cant see HDD in Menu> Setup> System> Storage devices. then I think you HDD drive fu-k try a usb stick to see if it shows
    yes mate, already tried that, and it works, menu storage pops out when i plus an external usb hdd, the problem was the internal connector not powering internal hdd, instead of rma im powering internal hdd with an external specific 5 euros psu.

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Amplifier 5.1 selfmade Mosfet 150w Rms x 6 + Teufel Decoderstation 5 (DD/DTS)
    Polk Audio + Subwoofer by Target
    Clarke-Tech ET9000 + a867 usb dvb-t + Velociraptor 250gb
    Vu+ Solo + a867 usb dvb-t
    GigaBlue 800 hd UE and SE
    Azbox hd & Premium
    LNB Monoblocco Quad Inverto Black 6,2°
    Amd FX 8320@5000mhz daily on asus sabertooth, r9 290x, raid0 4xcorsair neutron gtx, total 512gb, 16 gb ram gskill tridentx @1866mhz

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by et9k View Post
    yes mate, already tried that, and it works, menu storage pops out when i plus an external usb hdd, the problem was the internal connector not powering internal hdd, instead of rma im powering internal hdd with an external specific 5 euros psu.
    So the issue was with the HDD you're trying to power up rather than the manufacturer of the box or the image used?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    So the issue was with the HDD you're trying to power up rather than the manufacturer of the box or the image used?
    no, issue was decoder's motherboard NOT powering up from the internal connector, i "solved" it by powering the hdd with an external psu while leaving it plugged to the internal sata interface.

http://www.amazon.it/TECNO-ADATTATOR...tore+hard+disk
    and i've used only the psu part without usb adapter.

for sicilian, i tried a "normal" 2.5" laptop hdd and nothing, i also checked with a tester and zero, no power from the internal connector, very strange issue, isn't it? maybe this is also why i read a lot of complaining about recording with this decoder, may be a powering issue? i will not rma my decoder, if i can fix something i just fix it, maybe it will work even better like this, recordings for me are perfect, i hope this can help someone, really.

Beside that i'm really happy with this machine, smoking fast, dvb-t works like a charm and gigabit lan is awesome (transfer speed around 70 MBytes /s) but i agree with some ppl that SD image is very poor, i remember et9000 had same issue before they updated video drivers, so, i doubt it's an hardware problem. (my decoder is set to 1080p, same for my tv, and i can barely read channel name in sd)
    Last edited by et9k; 08-01-15 at 06:59.

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Amplifier 5.1 selfmade Mosfet 150w Rms x 6 + Teufel Decoderstation 5 (DD/DTS)
    Polk Audio + Subwoofer by Target
    Clarke-Tech ET9000 + a867 usb dvb-t + Velociraptor 250gb
    Vu+ Solo + a867 usb dvb-t
    GigaBlue 800 hd UE and SE
    Azbox hd & Premium
    LNB Monoblocco Quad Inverto Black 6,2°
    Amd FX 8320@5000mhz daily on asus sabertooth, r9 290x, raid0 4xcorsair neutron gtx, total 512gb, 16 gb ram gskill tridentx @1866mhz

Title
    Thanks
    friends, my this quad plus on hardisk records , when I go to see record only shows 4 second
    forgive English

image 153 apollo
    Last edited by lupin1; 20-03-15 at 23:56.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12