Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internal hdd not powering up

Title
    Thanks

Internal hdd not powering up

i've installed an internal hdd (velociraptor) but it doesnt seems to be powering up when i turn my gigablue hd quad plus on, it makes no noise or vibratation, i also tried to hook a 3.5" hard disk and turn decoder on, nothing it is like decoder is not powering the hdd, i double checked sata sable and psu cable but nothing changed, i have latest apollo vix installed and there is NOTHING, in any menu related to hard disk, formatting, storage, just NOTHING about HDD, also fdisk is not installed neither lsblk. What the hell?

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Amplifier 5.1 selfmade Mosfet 150w Rms x 6 + Teufel Decoderstation 5 (DD/DTS)
    Polk Audio + Subwoofer by Target
    Clarke-Tech ET9000 + a867 usb dvb-t + Velociraptor 250gb
    Vu+ Solo + a867 usb dvb-t
    GigaBlue 800 hd UE and SE
    Azbox hd & Premium
    LNB Monoblocco Quad Inverto Black 6,2°
    Amd FX 8320@5000mhz daily on asus sabertooth, r9 290x, raid0 4xcorsair neutron gtx, total 512gb, 16 gb ram gskill tridentx @1866mhz

Title
    Thanks
    plz answer me, i have installed
    openvix-Apollo.115-gbquadplus_usb.zip
    where is hard disk tools? why i see nothing regarding hard disk in the menus?

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Azbox hd & Premium
    Amd FX 8320@5000mhz daily on asus sabertooth, r9 290x, raid0 4xcorsair neutron gtx, total 512gb, 16 gb ram gskill tridentx @1866mhz

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Look in menu-setup-system for the section dealing with the HDD, I can not be more specific as I am at work and not near a receiver.

If you can not see any thing for the HDD there reflash the receiver with build 118 from www.openvix.co.uk without using a settings backup.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    should be in menu,system, storage devices,select then you need to initialise red button

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchy For This Useful Post:

et9k (07-01-15),Larry-G (07-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    i have menu,system but nothing about STORAGE
    now my question is, have the hard disk to "start" when i turn the decoder on ? because looks DEAD, that beside menu, OR does the initializing in the meny do the mats and start the hard disk Physically too?
    to Answer myself that question i'm gonna plug an usb hard disk in order too see if menu things pops out, but in all decoders i've had hard disk physically started with decoder, regardless of the image.

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Azbox hd & Premium

Title
    Thanks
    i will also try to give hard disk external alimentation, but leave it plugged in the internal sata, my suspect is i got a defective unit that doesn't powers the internal hdd.

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Azbox hd & Premium

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by et9k View Post
    to Answer myself that question i'm gonna plug an usb hard disk in order too see if menu things pops out, but in all decoders i've had hard disk physically started with decoder, regardless of the image.
    The HDD section in the image is not dependent on weather it detects a HDD or not, if its not there you are either looking in the wrong place or there is something wrong with your image, in which case you should as advised reflash to the latest image on the openvix servers.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For the HDD section look in Menu> Setup> System> Storage devices.

I would also recommend you go to www.openvix.co.uk and download a copy of the ViX manual as this covers almost the entire setup of a ViX image on all supported receivers.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    For the HDD section look in Menu> Setup> System> Storage devices.

I would also recommend you go to www.openvix.co.uk and download a copy of the ViX manual as this covers almost the entire setup of a ViX image on all supported receivers.
    jesus christ dude, i really thank u for your effort in trying to help me, but i'm not that NEW of decoders and vix images, the menu is just NOT THERE. i will try to reflash, can u wise me a specific version?
    i repeat i flash with
    openvix-Apollo.115-gbquadplus_usb.zipù

Anyway something is badly wrong because i repeat, hard disk doesnt turning on when i turn decoder on (i put an ear on it and nothing)

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Azbox hd & Premium

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    jesus christ dude, i really thank u for your effort in trying to help me, but i'm not that NEW of decoders and vix images, the menu is just NOT THERE. i will try to reflash, can u wise me a specific version?
    i repeat i flash with
    openvix-Apollo.115-gbquadplus_usb.zipù

Anyway something is badly wrong because i repeat, hard disk doesnt turning on when i turn decoder on (i put an ear on it and nothing)
    I have already advised you multiple times to head over to www.openvix.co.uk download the latest build for your receiver (Apollo build 118 I believe) and flash that WITHOUT USING A SETTINGS BACKUP. I dont mean to be rude but if you cant follow that simple piece of advice there is very little more I can do to help you, especially as I am not even near a receiver my self but at work.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    DUDE
    ok, i did the test, and i'm sorry to say u are wrong, as soon as i plugged the usb hard disk, storage menu appeared in menu system.
    when i unplug it, it disappear. So it's not the image, and i'm not gonna reflash it. I really think at this point that my unit is defective and just doesnt powers the internal hdd.. any solution? i really dont wanna wait for the rma.. maybe i can get power from another source, finding it with a tester... any ideas?

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Azbox hd & Premium

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So it's not the image, and i'm not gonna reflash it.
    OK then I am no longer willing to help you any further, I have given you advice and every step of the way you have ignored and refused to follow that advice. so find some one else to help you because I'm done.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Why are you trying to power a 3.5" velociraptor HDD internally? Quad+ only supports 2.5" drives, before trying to declare fault I suggest u connect a 2.5" drive and test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

et9k (07-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    OK then I am no longer willing to help you any further, I have given you advice and every step of the way you have ignored and refused to follow that advice. so find some one else to help you because I'm done.
    better, because u look UNABLE to help from the peak of your arrogance, i'm telling u the synthomps and u keep ignoring them, indeed, i was right on all front.

I did another test, powering internal hdd plugged with internal sata with external alimentation, and EVERYTHING works, menu storage it is now present, i have two options here, defective motherboard doesnt powers up hdd or the little cable is defective somewhere.
    Last edited by et9k; 07-01-15 at 19:35.

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Azbox hd & Premium

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Why are you trying to power a 3.5" velociraptor HDD internally? Quad+ only supports 2.5" drives, before trying to declare fault I suggest u connect a 2.5" drive and test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mmmmm this is indeed very intresting.. u think it requires more wattage? velociraptor is 2.5" but u may be right that it requires more power, same for the 3.5" i tested.. if this is really true that decoder stinks.. it can't even power a 3.5 hdd? lol !
    grazie caro ora provo con un ssd 2.5 altrimenti lo alimento dall'esterno e vaffall'ovo

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Azbox hd & Premium

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast