Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: XBMC Sections added to the board

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm sure Zoro is just frustrated as I'm sure many of us are with the waiting and silence. That said it's obviously for the benefit of us all that ViX are being more cautious and carrying out all these extra checks so that were not left with receivers that no longer work (potentially)..
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    ?? What on earth has it got to do with the sponsor?

You and other members/users are MORE than welcome to provide development in order to get the plugin working and compatible quicker. If you or anyone else can offer coding skills to ViX please feel free to PM me EVEN VU+ themselves are more than welcome to offer their help, which may I add is ZERO!
    Its fairly simple,

The more devices supported the more the team is spread in their testing of all plugins / and images
    And as for my comment about the sponsor , name one box he sells that you don't support?, not really an issue but as more boxes come online then more are supported and more dev time is shared.
    My point was made as other teams like Blackhole only support VU+ and I was making the comparison that VU+ items tend to get released on that image first as it is normally easier for them to get a new image out as less testing is needed as the support is less.

Also as lgleave22 mentioned , I guess my post was made a little out of frustration with the lack of news on progress as since the section for XBMC was added to the site and the news about the upcoming plugin , I've seen about 5 or so updates to the image none with the plugin (however I have seen OpenGL and some other items related to XBMC going into the image releases).
    Last edited by zoro25; 22-01-15 at 10:27.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro25 View Post
    Its fairly simple,

And as for my comment about the sponsor , name one box he sells that you don't support?, not really an issue but as more boxes come online then more are supported and more dev time is shared.
    Sorry, but you're making no sense...ViX supports some boxes that the sponsor don't sell and has never sold, so what exactly is your point?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I personally am glad and grateful that the guys are being careful and making sure all is well before releasing. Just imagine the uproar if something was released that caused problems on peoples receivers.

regards

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    At the moment theres is a lot of development going on with a GIT merge and 1080 skins, once the plugin ready to be released in our feeds it will be. As everyone know's we do not give ETA's or release dates, when its ready, its ready, that's all we can say at this time.

Blackhole use Official image as a base, therefore far less DEV work, OE-A based images do not.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I'm going to switch to Blackhole,

I think the Vix guys must be trying to reverse engineer the plugin to work with other boxes or something, I can't see why else other image makers have added and Vix have held it back.

It seems that supporting virtually every device the site sponsors sells might be a minus in this case for us VU+ owners who want plugins and additions aimed at our boxes.

Pity as I also prefer Vix over other images. I intend to back up so I can easily come back.
    Sorry buddy but you are talking out of your arse here. ViX are not beholden to any manufacturer unlike some others who are paid to provide support, we support who we want to, when we want to. and we will not release buggy beta code just to have the bragging rites of saying we were first, we will leave that to the to the other so called "big" teams.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Okay whats with the attitude?

No where in any of my posts did I say you were beholden to a manufacturer, and although you say your not paid to provide support you are actually paid to provide support by the board sponsor, if it be a manufacturer or shop it's all the same thing. And that was part of my point

Others who are sponsored/paid by manufacturers concentrate on a smaller subset of devices and therefore get releases for those devices out quicker and due to vix having support for a wider subset of devices have more dev and testing.

It really wasn't meant to be a big issue, just an observation which I mentioned in my post and which you quoted above.
    It seems that supporting virtually every device the site sponsors sells might be a minus in this case for us VU+ owners who want plugins and additions aimed at our boxes.

Pity as I also prefer Vix over other images. I intend to back up so I can easily come back.
    I mention that as a VU+ owner in this case (meaning an xmbc plugin created by a manufacturer) others who do not support such a wide array of devices have already released it and that I intend to switch and then come back when Vix team has gotten around to releasing.

Now you may say we don't release broken plugins, however as far as I understand the XBMC plugin is not broken and from reading elsewhere it has not caused any reflashes and the main issues are that just a few of the plugins don't work along with some other missing features (No PVR support for example). I am aware from earlier posts in this thread that the base image for VIX is different than the big teams as you call them and this may actually be why the delay is happening?

I did actually incorrectly it seems think that you were holding back back the release to try and do a custom plugin release on all supported devices where the hardware could handle it. I know lots of other device owners would have wanted/loved this.

Like I said no major issue and I didn't think I was being rude ,
    Now I may have been incorrect in what I wrote and that's fine just point it out with a simple "you are wrong and here is why" statement.
    Last edited by zoro25; 22-01-15 at 18:32.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zoro25 For This Useful Post:

gerrykiddy (22-01-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    ....others who do not support such a wide array of devices have already released it ...
    Who are we talking about then?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Okay whats with the attitude?

No where in any of my posts did I say you were beholden to a manufacturer, and although you say your not paid to provide support you are actually paid to provide support by the board sponsor.
    Whats with the attitude ?, you basically accused us of delaying a release so we could hack a closed source plugin to work on others hardware, that is not some thing we would ever do. The XBMC plugin as released by Vu+ is a beta release, we have other things in development and testing to do with the ViX image and the XBMC plugin is not our main priority.

As for being paid by the sponsor to provide support ?????/

The sponsor pays for advertising not the ViX image, nor are we paid to provide live technical support we do all that off our own time.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Is there a "What % is left to do to make it stable ,or what is left to sort out" indication to how far off it is or is that still unknown because of how many other things (more important)that will eat into the time devoted to this project,

Sorry but this excites me more than resurrecting HD

Keep up the great work ,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The guys are basically working with VU+ code, if you have ever tried to get a reply or response from VU+ over anything you will understand what a frustrating a and thankless task the integration must be, also all other development and fixes can't be put on hold just to provide what is essentially an after thought, build a seperate kodi system, it will do more than the VU+ plugin will ever do- HTPC for media stuff, STB for watching and recording TV, simple.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the4given1 View Post
    Is there a "What % is left to do to make it stable ,or what is left to sort out" indication...
    As we've said multiple times: we don't give ETA's (neither as a date nor as a percentage). When it's ready (i.e. stable enough in our opinion) it'll be released.

And indeed you can 't compare our work with that of BH & VTi; they simply use the firmware as supplied by VU+ and add some stuff.
    Making only images for VU-hardware and accepting ancient code that's an easy enough job.
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 23-01-15 at 11:26.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    As we've said multiple times: we don't give ETA's (neither as a date nor as a percentage). When it's ready (i.e. stable enough in our opinion) it'll be released.

And indeed you can 't compare our work with that of BH & VTi; they simply use the firmware as supplied by VU+ and add some stuff.
    Making only images for VU-hardware and accepting ancient code that's an easy enough job.
    Ok thanks for the reply ,You cant blame us for being excited, its like the round wheel to some of us ! lol

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the4given1 View Post
    Ok thanks for the reply ,You cant blame us for being excited, its like the round wheel to some of us ! lol
    Don't worry it will be coming to ViX it's just that we have a lot of things going on in the image and can't give priority to what is essentially a beta from a single manufacturer

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    What is XBMC? I've never used it. Quite interested in all the fuss though.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast