Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help I tried really

Title
    Thanks

Help I tried really

Hi all took the plunge and got myself a vu+ du and an motorised dish, the installer put the dish up and took off and so I did my initial scan, it was on Thor 7 sat and I picked up a handful of german channels,now I managed to install hard drive and flash VIX image on the box then I downloaded and installed a channel bouquet and ccam and various other cams.
    Now I thought a scan of the astra ,Eurobird satellite on 28.2e and I'd be up and watching fat channels for beginners.
    Now every time I scan this satellite it finds 7 services and none are uk fta I have read through every tutorial tried every setting I've been at it 2 whole days and am so frustrated I feel like stamping on the box!!
    The only odd thing I can think off as far as me following steps to set up my tuners is when I'm setting my latitude it will always input 3 instead of the needed 5 I'm pressing on the remote please help

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    ok to start what is your setup are you using usal or dieseqe

and your initial tuner setup what have you got

do not post here but give me you exact longatute and latatude pm me

note you wont get 5 as 360 deg so 3 is you limit but it needs to be converted
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Silverfox thanks for your prompt reply first of all,and just to let you know this is my first experience of the satellite world so please in any explanations you give me dont assume i know anything.
    I have an 80cm motorised dish with a twin lnb a dual wire coming out of the lnb feeding the 2 inputs on the box i think im using diseqe as in tuner config i have it set to diseqe 1.2 and have usals set to no

Title
    Thanks
    edit: you do need your longs and lat

thats only used in usals

what motor model are you using so i can confirm that

and dont worry take your time learning the ropes no one here is rushing you
    Last edited by silverfox0786; 04-12-10 at 03:58.

Title
    Thanks
    Just grabbed the box its an Alsat superior Dark Motor not much more info then that on it the dish is an orbital if thats of any relevance.

Title
    Thanks
    i have p'med you your correct longs and lats will now continue the help on this thread

try that and report back

i'm guessing your setting up tuner to postioner on tuner 1
    Last edited by silverfox0786; 04-12-10 at 04:01.

Title
    Thanks
    In bed with the iPad now lol, after 2 solid days getting nowhere I had to just power everything down and go into a dark room for a while!!
    As soon as I give it a shot tomorrow I'll inform you of my progress :-)

Title
    Thanks
    no probs made just report your issues here and someone will reply

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxter View Post
    Now I thought a scan of the astra ,Eurobird satellite on 28.2e and I'd be up and watching fat channels for beginners.
    I can't help you and don't be offended by my flippancy, but I assume this line was an amusing typo. However, unlike most typos, I have no idea what you actually meant! It tickled me, anyway.

Regarding getting to grips with the VU+ Duo which I have had for about 3 weeks; I was previously fairly familiar with satellite receivers but not linux boxes. I too have had moments / hours of great frustration trying to work out how to do various things on the Duo. Documentation anywhere in English is sparce.
    The official manual itself is better than most receiver manuals I have read, but doesn't go into any great depth or really explain why you might want to use a certain feature, which for me and probably you, is critical. Of course, anything unofficial isn't covered in it at all.

All you can really do is give things your best guess and if you ask for help on a forum such as this, just hope somebody answers. This forum seems to have a handful of regular helpers.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leecovuk View Post
    All you can really do is give things your best guess and if you ask for help on a forum such as this, just hope somebody answers. This forum seems to have a handful of regular helpers.
    with all due respect this is a support forum and its a collective mass of information from as many people as we can get it from.

Although as you say there is a handfull of helpful people, even they dont know it all and get stumped with a solution like your audio sync i actaully tried to find out the issue for you at 2 am the other day but was stumpt and there was no point posting sorry cant help you so i left it in the hope that some one else would answer.

The one thing to remember here is this is collective knolledge what one may not know another may do. but an answer may not come untill that person who knows the answer see's the post

And to both of you i really do hope we can be helpful to you and get you the help and solution you both require

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

andyblac (04-12-10),bassethound (04-12-10),canthackit (04-12-10),Maxwell (04-12-10),Sicilian (04-12-10),succuba (04-12-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Sure yes, Silverfox, I wasn't saying that in any kind of barbed way.
    I suppose an extension of my comments is that searching a forum is no substitute for thorough documentation. However that comment is not specific to any particular image.

I suppose we are all different, but for me, taking your example, I would have liked to have seen you post 'I can't get it to work either', otherwise I and other people don't know if anyone's tried or it's just me. Again, I'm not having a go in any way, and today for example I found the flow of info quite productive on here.

So, thanks for all your and others' help and I am trying to help people too, as I learn more.
    However I am very wary of misleading people with possibly incorrect info, hence my regular requests for others' experiences to verify mine.

Lee
    Last edited by leecovuk; 04-12-10 at 04:41.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leecovuk View Post
    Sure yes, Silverfox, I wasn't saying that in any kind of barbed way.
    I suppose an extension of my comments is that searching a forum is no substitute for thorough documentation. However that comment is not specific to any particular image.

I suppose we are all different, but for me, taking your example, I would have liked to have seen you post 'I can't get it to work either', otherwise I and other people don't know if anyone's tried or it's just me. Again, I'm not having a go in any way, and today for example I found the flow of info quite productive on here.

So, thanks for all your and others' help and I am trying to help people too, as I learn more.
    However I am very wary of misleading people with possibly incorrect info, hence my regular requests for others' experiences to verify mine.

Lee
    i understand your point mate and agree if i was talking to you on the phone or email then yes i would be replying every second but being a forum with rules i' very wary of breking them and a post like that, although i think the admin would not mind but i would be reluctant to post just incase it was seen as spamming

but yes i see where your comming from just to know that an attempt was made to help just so you know that some one tried

i think now we should get back on track with this thread it veering off course a little

Title
    Thanks
    ok Silverfox, no problem. I wouldn't think it could be classed as spamming at all, but I haven't been here very long so maybe I should read the rules.
    Anyway, I have indeed sidetracked this topic. I hope Jaxter can get his bits working. I only have 2 fixed dishes and a DiSEqC 1.0 external switch, so it's much easier for me in that regard, although limiting.

Lee
    Last edited by leecovuk; 04-12-10 at 06:52.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I'm assuming your installer aligned your dish correctly with 1 deg thor, if so USAL's should work fine.

First make sure you tuner setup is correct as per screenshot below but using your own long and latt settings: -

Once checked thats correct follow this guide to send some Enigma 2 settings/bouquets to your Duo http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...o-using-DBEdit

Motorised Enigma 2 settings can be found here, download few packages, open them in Dreamboxedit first and see which ones you like the look of.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all yes the installer definitely set it to Thor and scanned it's the only time I've seen any channels come up at all, but my Germans not to good so not ideal for me lol.
    I have my tuner set up exactly like the screenshot above but of course with my long and lats I've set up tuner A and left tuner B not configured at the moment and just began a scan if I still get nothing I'll configure both tuners A+B and rescan then report.

Ok scanned with my amended long and lats (thanks silverfox) on just tuner A and on Tuner A+B and im getting absolutely nothing whatsoever im going to do a factory reset and try again.
    Last edited by Jaxter; 04-12-10 at 13:25.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast