Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OpenWebif Streaming

Title
    Thanks
    Will try stripping down both the A and B feeds and refitting the f plugs see if that helps at all

Title
    Thanks
    also try removing the shield like i said if still not working think you will find your problem solved this way

Title
    Thanks
    The original thread was originally about openwebif that turned into a tuner problem thread, I assumed posting about the actual hardware fault in the correct box forum would maybe get a little more help

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neo1607 View Post
    Will try stripping down both the A and B feeds and refitting the f plugs see if that helps at all
    It's worth a try just to be thorough and rule it out if nothing else.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Poor show when a £199 box has a dodgy 2nd tuner

Wouldn't mind but will most likely have to wait till after new year now before getting a replacement box which is frustrating
    Thats always a possibility with any thing from a toaster to a multi million pound jet plane, and while it may be frustrating for you, if the unit is indeed defective it will be repaired or replaced under warranty.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    ok didn't strip down Feed A as that is providing a solid 96% strength signal to Tuner A anyway, i stripped down the cable that's going into Tuner B and tried again, still nothing being detected, I can't see any obvious fuses or caps blown on the motherboard.

Does it still sound like it's a hardware issue?

Title
    Thanks
    did you completly strip all the outer wire off ??

try taking the f plug off totally and just sticking the copper middle wire into the lnb

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok didn't strip down Feed A as that is providing a solid 96% strength signal to Tuner A anyway, i stripped down the cable that's going into Tuner B and tried again, still nothing being detected, I can't see any obvious fuses or caps blown on the motherboard.

Does it still sound like it's a hardware issue?
    Yes if you have tried every thing within reason to diagnose the cause of the fault without success just contact the sponsor and let him take it from there. Also send him a PM via the forum, he will get it when the shop re-opens in January and for the time being the receiver will work happily with just a single tuner, providing you dont want to watch and record multiple channels at the same time.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwestwood74 View Post
    did you completly strip all the outer wire off ??

try taking the f plug off totally and just sticking the copper middle wire into the lnb
    Tried this didn't make any difference

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Yes if you have tried every thing within reason to diagnose the cause of the fault without success just contact the sponsor and let him take it from there. Also send him a PM via the forum, he will get it when the shop re-opens in January and for the time being the receiver will work happily with just a single tuner, providing you dont want to watch and record multiple channels at the same time.
    The main reason i got this box was to use it to watch and record multiple channels, however I will just have to hold off until I get my replacement box i guess

Thanks for all the help guys

Title
    Thanks
    Then must be faulty tuner leaving you no option but to contact supplier

Title
    Thanks
    Just out of curiosity does anyone know how the sponsor handles replacement boxes as I see he is open on the 30th for Online/Shipping orders only, hopefully he may send me out a replacement that day to get me up and running and then I can post back my faulty one when he reopens on the 5th

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just out of curiosity does anyone know how the sponsor handles replacement boxes as I see he is open on the 30th for Online/Shipping orders only, hopefully he may send me out a replacement that day to get me up and running and then I can post back my faulty one when he reopens on the 5th
    you would need to return the unit to him, he would then test it him self and take it from there.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Crap so I may be without it even longer than i thought

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    on the points of stripping outer shield off sat cable that uses it as a part of an earth process does it not? i would always have it there for safety.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I merged the two threads.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123