Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: a few questions

terryuk22

a few questions

i still have the orig vu uno always been outstanding...

Now is the solo2 better picture quality not that the uno is bad

says twin tuner

I only have A LNB with one output and would be almost impossible to run another cable so...

could I get one tuner that does sat and another that doe's terrestrial - so i can record a BBC1 on terrestrial and say watch something on 23e etc

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I can't really compare PQ as it has been a while since I fired up my Uno but I can't say I noticed any real difference to be honest. As for tuners the solo2 has two fixed DVB-S/S2 (satellite) tuners, you can't add more unless they are USB style tuners.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    You could add a USB tuner to your VU+ Uno1 and save the expense of buying a complete new box.

A second mini-dish for 28°e coupled with a plug in dual tuner would be the neatest solution, but I know that is difficult for most situations.

Title
    Thanks
    terryuk22
    google ( Stacker Destacker )
    might solve your one cable problem
    lets you run Dual LNB / twin sat via one cable.
    Use it myself on one of my systems works ok.

terryuk22
    so if i bought a tuner + a small dish i can do it that way are there any threads on this

Title
    Thanks
    I don't know if there are specific threads but it is quite a common setup and you will get good help here.

Get the VU+ Uno Ultimo Duo2 Plug and Play DVB-S/S2 Dual / Twin Tuner Module from WoS. Fit that inside the Uno, it is a simple replacement for the existing single tuner.

Plug in your motorised dish cable to the lower LNB input and the mini dish cable into the upper LNB input. The VU+ Uno will remember the settings you already have for the motorised dish, then set up the fixed dish to 28°e.