Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Some ideas to improve the Graphical EPG screen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Inforbar EPG
    Red button is labelled as options. But when you enter it, it gives IMDB

Same applies to this EPG screen. I think it is called Single EPG
    Thanks - Think this slipped out of my mind as it was something I made note of when I was testing myself. So will get it sorted.

Options
    It would be good to add the options to the coloured buttons instead of numbers.
    Thanks - lets see what the general opinion is. Also, if there are more than 4 options then we wont have enough colours which is why I went with numbers.

Initially I had thought that the add timer options should be first. May still be a good idea, but those can be called by the record button, so may not be a good idea.
    This is why I did not add the timer options first as the record button function can show the add timer and autotimer options.

Recordings
    Ovelapping/text too big? (May not be change related)
    This is to do with the skin settings. Press menu when you are on the recordings screen and change number of rows to 10.

Bouquets overlapping
    The bouquet text ovelaps

Scroll bouquets

Its nice that in the above picture, you can scroll between bouquets with < and >. Perhaps the same can be done in this screen too?
    It overlaps as the name of your chosen bouquet is quite long. When testing on my box, my names were generally shorter. It is not a problem leaving more space for the name of the chosen bouquet so I will update that.

In terms of adding it to the other screen, that is also possible. Lets see what the opinion of others is.

Minus24 hours.
    Personallly, I think jumping to next page is a better option.
    Again, lets see what others suggest.

Also worth pointing out
    When I discussed something else with Andy, he said that although an option may be a good idea in a particular screen, one of the things he wanted was for there to be consistency among the epg screens. So whichever EPG screen you were in, the options/buttons were the same.
    This is possible. But I think the majority of people on here just wanted their Graphical EPG screen to incorporate the new features.
    Last edited by matt007; 04-03-15 at 17:34.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matt007 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (09-03-15),bbbuk (04-03-15),markus625 (04-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,173 Times in 6,247 Posts
    Thanks - lets see what the general opinion is. Also, if there are more than 5 options then we wont have enough colours which is why I went with numbers.
    On Commando imagefro DM500, you can assign to colurs and overspill goes to numbers.

This is to do with the skin settings. Press menu when you are on the recordings screen and change number of rows to 10.
    Rossi, is it possible to make this = skin setting as a deafult. If skin does not have a default value use the normal deafult. User still able to edit.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    some of the inconsistencies are due to the code only being applied to the graphical-epg

the options dialog should be made to append any tv/movie related plugins for eg: tvdb
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

markus625 (04-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    some of the inconsistencies are due to the code only being applied to the graphical-epg

the options dialog should be made to append any tv/movie related plugins for eg: tvdb
    That can be added. The only problem would be how to determine what plugin is tv/movie related

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt007 View Post
    That can be added. The only problem would be how to determine what plugin is tv/movie related
    I think you could have options for tvdb for tv related stuff and tmdb for movies etc.
    I'm quite happy having numbers in the options red button but I'd just scroll down the list with the arrow keys.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    matt

to determine what plugins will show will be a case of coding to check for a systemplugin dir and if exists append to list

for eg:

if path.exists("/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TVDB"):
    self.list.append bla bla bla

im sure you get the idea
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

markus625 (04-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    matt

to determine what plugins will show will be a case of coding to check for a systemplugin dir and if exists append to list

for eg:

if path.exists("/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/TVDB"):
    self.list.append bla bla bla

im sure you get the idea
    Oh yeah I understand checking against a pre determined list of plugins. I was thinking more along the lines of how would you know what a tv/movie plugin is. As there are 100s of plugins and there would be no way to know. But I am more than happy to add a list of suitable plugins (should the user have them installed) to the option dialog. What other plugins would be suitable?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Ive thought of something else that could go into the red Options list, the bouquet list which you would normally press the TV key to access it, you can only access this with the original remote.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markus625 View Post
    Ive thought of something else that could go into the red Options list, the bouquet list which you would normally press the TV key to access it, you can only access this with the original remote.
    I like the "normally".
    I didn't even know that this existed until I was playing around with things as a result of this thread! I'd only ever known about using <prev and next> to go through them one-by-one. Pressed TV by accident and noticed the event text replaced by a small grey menu...
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    That's why it makes sense to use a list to gain access to these hidden features hey.
    I guess many users don't realise about the tv button in the epg guide.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok just had a chance to try this.

Thanks Matt for your work on this.

From my point of view, I'm happy with everything as it is especially keeping -24hrs. I've even had second thoughts about order of red button options because as mentioned these options are available via RECORD button anyhow.

I agree, if implemented, it should be across the board of skins and as for type of EPG I think most people probably just use G-EPG.

As for the channel numbers discussion, I think most people would prefer the ABM (and EPG therefore) to keep to official channel numbering when using either sky and virgin. Obviously, for those that use multisat then official numbering is lot harder if not impossible.

As the sectional bouquets don't keep to official channel numbering ie Sky UK "Movies" sectional bouquet don't start at 301, instead 1000+ then is it possible to implement a work-around within ABM for "sky uk (sd)", sky uk" and "virgin" to keep to official channel numbering?

This would then make it easier within EPG to display official channel numbering next to channel name. As Matt mentioned, if one looks at official sky box and goes to movies section, the channel numbers start at 301 rather than 1000 odd.

I agree you can't compare functionality of E2 boxes and official sky box but for those E2 users that only use their box for single-sat/cable (like me) then odds are we would like to keep to official channel numbering (where possible).
    Last edited by bbbuk; 04-03-15 at 22:19.

Title
    Thanks
    You do not need the main bouquet to keep official numbering. ABM will add blanks

Title
    Thanks
    Have you guys tried searching for a channel using numbers? Would be keen to get your opinions on that

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,311 Posts
    Have you guys tried searching for a channel using numbers? Would be keen to get your opinions on that
    As I've noted - if you key in a number when watching a channel you will get that channel, so something knows about a definitive list (and you can only key in 4 digits - but that's all I've found in python code so far).
    There also appears to be a "number" widget in the skin definitions that shows the same number in the list of channels in a bouquet.
    No idea how you access this list, though....
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    It works when you have the all chanenls bouquets created. It would be good if this search feature was not dependent on the presence of the all chanenls bouquet.

Good work

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast