Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Some ideas to improve the Graphical EPG screen

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I changed mine as well. I've got it as:-

Red +24hrs
    Green -24hrs
    Yellow Timer
    Blue AutoTimer (default anyhow I'm sure it was)

I weren't sure on what to do to change Ch+/- to page up/down (respectively)

Slightly off-topic but i'm wanting to add channel numbers when viewing graphical epg. So instead of it reading [picon] BBC One N West......, it reads [picon] 101 BBC One N West...... I couldn't see this being in the same file as coloured buttons.

EPGChannelNumbers.jpg
    Last edited by bbbuk; 26-02-15 at 23:05.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You cannot select a chanenl using numbers from EPG, this is why numbers were not catered for in the EPG screens as far as I can work out.

Lraizer's AB 28.2 attaches number to name, so that could be a work around.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    If Vix don't implement this into their image, perhaps someone could write a plugin?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matt007 View Post
    The colour buttons can be programmed and labelled in the EpgSelection.py file. If you want the buttons to be different for just the graphical EPG and remain same for other EPGs then just add an If statement to check if self.type ==EPG_TYPE_GRAPH and add the new button mapping code within that statement (linking each button action to the relevant method). If you need more help then just give me a shout.

If I am home this weekend then I will share my code/file for everyone to use. I have managed to make the following changes:

Red button: popup with extra options such as IMDb serch, EPG serch, add timer/auto timer
    Green button: shows recordings (movie list)
    Green button long press: shows timer list
    Yellow button: -24hrs
    Blue button: +24hrs
    Ch+: page up
    Ch-: page down.

can you show a screenshot of the red button function?
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    can you show a screenshot of the red button function?
    I just took this screenshot right now showing the red button being pressed on the first event on BBC One

1_0_1_189D_7FD_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Edit: I had to add a new element to your skin by the way so it was not just modifying the .py file

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matt007 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (27-02-15),birdman (28-02-15),rossi2000 (27-02-15),TK4|2|1 (27-02-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You cannot select a chanenl using numbers from EPG, this is why numbers were not catered for in the EPG screens as far as I can work out...
    I didn't want to select a channel from EPG just display the channel number before the channel name. Like matt007 has done (below).

1_0_1_189D_7FD_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Edit: I had to add a new element to your skin by the way so it was not just modifying the .py file
    Thanks for this matt007. I want channel number before channel name like that. Could you maybe upload the .pyo file(s) you've modified for these features and I shall implement it.

Thanks again.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    upload what u got, and we can prob add this to the main image with some discussion from other beta testers etc.
    but looks very good.

will your red button function append any extra plugins to the list like TMDB? if the user has them installed
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (27-02-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    upload what u got, and we can prob add this to the main image with some discussion from other beta testers etc.
    but looks very good.

will your red button function append any extra plugins to the list like TMDB? if the user has them installed
    Just a thought if this info, if implemented, could be taken from a customised/settings type (xml) file. Options available being able to be chosen from within menu button setup (maybe)?

Just a thought, that's all.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I have managed to modify the graphical epg screen to add features I feel would improve the user experience. As well as modifying the colour and channel +/- buttons as mentioned in earlier posts, I have also added a search number feature (allows you to enter a number to find a channel), a list of your bouquets which you can flip through and finally channel numbers that stay consistent despite whatever bouquet you are on. To elaborate on the last feature, I have assumed that the first bouquet for everyone is "All Channels" which has the desired numbers. Subsequent bouquets have channels whose numbers now match the relevant numbers from the "All Channels" bouquet.

Below are some screenshots showing the search number feature in action:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

The following screenshots show how the channel numbers remain the same despite what bouquet you are in:

n1.jpgn2.jpg

I know certain bouquet providers change the channel names to include a number prefix which means that it achieves the effect as my tweak. However my tweak will allow you to have consistent channel numbers which do not rely on people changing the names of 100s of channels.

Also, in relation to the red option button. I have added a nifty feature where if the event is empty then instead of the red button bringing up an options menu, it changes to a search function. This is because the option menu contains options such as timer, auto timer etc and this is pointless if the event is empty. This can be seen in the below screenshots:

o1.jpgo2.jpg

Before I release the files for people to use I was wondering if I can get a few people to test this for me. I am quite new to the Enigma2 scene, have only had my box for a few weeks so feel like I need a few experienced users to test this for me.
    Last edited by matt007; 28-02-15 at 16:05.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matt007 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (28-02-15),bbbuk (28-02-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    EPG screen usually opens the bouquet from which the channel was last selected.

Post the files here as that will be best coverage for it, include the fie locations for ease of use. Uploading .py is not a good idea as they recompile on restart, so best to upload .pyos instead

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (28-02-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    This is awesome guys, can't wait to try it out.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to markus625 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (28-02-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @matt007, thank you very much for this.

I would prefer source code (ie .py) though for two reasons:-

1. So I can learn more about python and how you did it
    2. I may see if I can re-order the options from red button. ie putting most likely used options first like "set timer", "set autotimer" and then least used like imdb, etc.

Would I be correct in thinking that although I mostly use blue hd skin, this feature isn't skin dependent?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

markus625 (28-02-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    To elaborate on the last feature, I have assumed that the first bouquet for everyone is "All Channels" which has the desired numbers.
    I don't have an "All Channels", so is that optional?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    @matt007, thank you very much for this.

I would prefer source code (ie .py) though for two reasons:-

1. So I can learn more about python and how you did it
    2. I may see if I can re-order the options from red button. ie putting most likely used options first like "set timer", "set autotimer" and then least used like imdb, etc.

Would I be correct in thinking that although I mostly use blue hd skin, this feature isn't skin dependent?
    Me too.
    I think you can delete the py file once it has rebooted and updated the pyo file.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markus625 View Post
    Me too.
    I think you can delete the py file once it has rebooted and updated the pyo file.
    You can, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I don't have an "All Channels", so is that optional?
    I guess that is something that would have to be tested and maybe even coded for.

I use All Channels as I find it easier and have the normal sectional bouquets as well but not HD or FTA bouquets.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 28-02-15 at 17:46.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast