Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: vu xbmc preview test

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrykiddy View Post
    We are often reminded about how much fun this hobby is and for those of us who don't share this hobby with our kids or other halves and have total control of the remote it is. Is odd to hear negativity about what appears to be some hard work to get this plug in to beta stage. I would like to have a usable music player in my vix setup but YAMP doesn't work and Merlin/Idream is not very good so maybe this plug in will give some plus's and i will accept the minus's ( I am sure that sounds as odd as it looks). But whatever happens it will only enhance the enjoyment of my hobby
    i agree +1

Title
    Thanks
    hi
    so when can i get Xbmc on vix image

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    When we are ready to release it, we dont give ETA's.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys I have xbmc running on pc, raspberry pi and a couple of Android boxes, an M8 and a minix neo x8h. I have a zip file that installs the droidsticks updater so that everything is always up to date. Works good on all the other formats but once I install it on the duo 2 and then run it it stops around 54%. I don't have a hard drive installed but use my synology nas for recording to. I have a 16gig usb stick used for epg, picons etc. Is the xbmc plugin trying to install the droidsticks addons in flash a day running outta memory? Can I tell it to store on the USB stick? Didn't see any options to.

Used the blackhole 2.14 beta for my trial just to test the xbmc and to be honest it works well but like the way my vix works for all other features so my backed up 115 is back on the box for now, will use my other alternatives till vix xbmc image is released.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomthebomb1968 View Post
    Hi guys I have xbmc running on pc, raspberry pi and a couple of Android boxes, an M8 and a minix neo x8h. I have a zip file that installs the droidsticks updater so that everything is always up to date. Works good on all the other formats but once I install it on the duo 2 and then run it it stops around 54%. I don't have a hard drive installed but use my synology nas for recording to. I have a 16gig usb stick used for epg, picons etc. Is the xbmc plugin trying to install the droidsticks addons in flash a day running outta memory? Can I tell it to store on the USB stick? Didn't see any options to.

Used the blackhole 2.14 beta for my trial just to test the xbmc and to be honest it works well but like the way my vix works for all other features so my backed up 115 is back on the box for now, will use my other alternatives till vix xbmc image is released.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Where did you get the droidsticks updater from fella? Been thinking about installing this on my Ouya but not come across a free version.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    Where did you get the droidsticks updater from fella? Been thinking about installing this on my Ouya but not come across a free version.
    I picked up an m8 box sechond hand that had it on so thought id try and find the zip and try it on the other versions. Cant remember where i actually downloaded it from pal. It wont be to everyones tastes some may even consider it bloatware but does what i want on all my boxes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tomthebomb1968 For This Useful Post:

duoduo (04-01-15)

foz
    @ tomthebomb I suspect the installer has not been changed to work across all platforms just has android locations
    you will need to open it up and change the android locations to either special://profile/ or special://home/ depending where you need to point to
    then you will be able to use it across all platforms
    if you need any help let me know
    foz

ps anyone wanting a quick and easy setup can install the total installer and then use a community build, at the moment there are 7 to choose from, try them all
    Last edited by foz; 04-01-15 at 12:13.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to foz For This Useful Post:

tomthebomb1968 (04-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    At the minute I have an android box that sits on top of my solo2. having xbmc BUILT IN would be unbelievable, especially as the PVR functionality is coming on leaps and bounds (imagine switching tuners and everything to XBMC that would be amazing!)
    however I refuse to switch to blackhole because it wouldn't be worth sacrificing everything Vix does better, therefore I have a question : is there a way to install this onto vix (with an ipk file or something) and if vix is doing their own version is it possible to get on a beta test list?
    Thanks!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    We are still in the process of testing VU's xMBc. And indeed as a plugin.
    What has not been established by VU is the PVR-functionality; so XMBC is a bit crippled IMHO. But who knows what the future will bring us?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foz View Post
    @ tomthebomb I suspect the installer has not been changed to work across all platforms just has android locations
    you will need to open it up and change the android locations to either special://profile/ or special://home/ depending where you need to point to
    then you will be able to use it across all platforms
    if you need any help let me know
    foz

ps anyone wanting a quick and easy setup can install the total installer and then use a community build, at the moment there are 7 to choose from, try them all
    Thanks Foz, I highly recommend the Houdin24 builds, awesome..
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi Rob,
    XBMC is not crippled because of missing PVR functionality as it was not build in at all 2 years ago. It was meant only as a media player. I think sooner or later an addon will appear to add this funcionality.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    XBMC is not crippled because of missing PVR functionality as it was not build in at all 2 years ago.
    IMHO important functionality that doesn't work means it's crippled.
    Let's say we have a different opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    I think sooner or later an addon will appear to add this funcionality.
    I really hope so; that would really make XMBC complete.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    XBMC on vu doenst really need pvr functionality.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    As I said: different opinions. IMHO when the function 'TV' doesn't work XMBC is crippled.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    As I said: different opinions. IMHO when the function 'TV' doesn't work XMBC is crippled.
    Am I being thick here ?

But why do you need the TV function when XBMC is running on an E2 satellite receiver ?

Surely you use the very function E2 is great at, for watching TV and then use XBMC for the function that it is very good at (being a media player), and as both are running from 1 box, within 1 OS you have the best of both worlds ?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast