Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Box locking up

Title
    Thanks

Box locking up

Ok, so yesterday my new box locked up.

First the video & audio worked as normal, as did the front display, but the remote wouldnt respond. I tried the front box buttons but they did nothing either. I couldnt connect online to restart the box either, or through ftp.

I restarted the box using the rocker switch on the rear.

A couple of hours later it did it again, only this time it didnt output hdmi either, the screen went black, same symptoms other than that.

Did a bit of digging & found this:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-amp-update-55

I put it down to a software issue, but when I went to take the box out of standby this morning it wouldnt respond, had to use the rocker to switch on, so when the update showed this morning I updated.

The update stuck for over an hour without rebooting, so I disconnected everything, moved the box out of a cabinet & into the air, connected only one lnb (a minidish 28.2e) to tuner 1, a hdmi lead & that's it, & did a manual flash to the latest vix, as per the instructions in that thread I linked from Sicilian.

When flashed I have simply got freesat settings from ABM & left it on fta (cbeebies!) , it's lasted 20 odd minutes then locked up again (black screen, no response to anything).

NOTHING is running. No cams, no skin change, no epg, no hdd, nothing. hdmi straight to tv, lnb straight from minidish.

I assume this means it's a hardware fault & I need to speak to WOS to get it swapped out?

Title
    Thanks
    Upon finishing this & re-reading it I've realised I've pretty much answered my question.

I've gotten in touch with WOS & I'm corresponding with them about it now.