Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Setting up TM Nano 3T with motorised dish - OpenVIX

Title
    Thanks

Setting up TM Nano 3T with motorised dish - OpenVIX

I have successfully installed VIX on my TM Nano 3T.

I can now access channels on Astra 19.2 East.

But I do not appear to be able to move my dish.

Tuner Configuration
    Tuner A is set to Positioner(selecting satellites) USALS

Tuner B is set to Loop Through to Tuner A

Tuner C is Nothing Connected

Previously with the old software OpenPLi I was able to move my dish to other satellites
    Tuner A was set to Positioner USALS

Tuner B was set to Second Cable Of Motorised LNB Tuner A

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Correct to assume you have a twin port LNB on your motorised dish? If so, have you got the wires the right way round?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, I have a twin LNB and the cables are connected exactly as they were when I was using the previous software and which allowed me to move the dish to various different satellites.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you have 2nd cable to a motorised LNB, you should not be using the loop through option. There is a "2nd cable of motorised lnb" setting.

For the sake of simplicity: You have two cables to the dish. Disconnect the cable direct to the LNB. Disable all tuners barring the one that is connected to the motor. Does it move? If not, double check the cables. F-plug not worked loose and that you have the correct cable. I'm sure you have teh right one, but double checking won't harm us.

If it moves, disable this tuner. Connect cable to 2nd tuner, configure and test again. Does it move?