Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: curiously about the Mut@ant HD2400 :-)

Title
    Thanks

Wink curiously about the Mut@ant HD2400 :-)

Hi There!

Guys, i'm curiously about the Mut@ant HD2400 also i'm curious about your experience of this receiver.
    Please tell me anything what you know about this receiver.. :-)

And i have a few questions about this receiver:

1. Support this device webstreaming?? And will support this device RTSP RTMP MMS HTTP ETC. with file extension of .flv , .m3u8 .f4m or .sdp ?

2. What is the file extension of recorded files on Harddrive? On my previous satalite receiver the recorded files has a file extension of .ts . Because i want to edit the recorded files on my pc when te recording compleet on the receiver.

3. What is the filesystem that use the Harddisk inside this receiver ? I think this is a Linux receiver and so the filesystem should be Ext2 , Ext3 or Ext4 . Maybe NTFS is supported to.. ??

4. How network friendly is this receiver anyway?? The Gigablue HD800 SE my previous satalite receiver was very network friendly..

Dear Forum Members, do you want to help my and anser my questions??

Yours sincerely ,
    Hikmet24.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Aup buddy.

3. Ext4
    4. In my experience, Linux Receivers are Network friendly, not had any issues with any of my receivers.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    5.) Which audio formats does it support? I'm after something that can receive AAC5.1 (as used in UK HD terrestrial broacasts) but also convert/output this to Dolby AC3.

6.) Is there a downloadable manual for this box?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I been using DVB-T2 tuner on Enigma2 boxes for a few years now and none of them have supported AAC 5.1 only PCM stereo so converting to ac3 doesn't come in to the equation.

Like any e2 box recorded files have the .ts file extension.

AFAIK NTFS is supported on external storage but I've never used myself.

Overall this box should provide a similar experience to your existing box if you are already using VIX.

As a final comment I consider this box the best E2 receiver I have ever owned and that goes all the way back to the dbox2 and DM7000

Title
    Thanks
    it was advertised as xbmc coming to this box in november, has that happened yet?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxben View Post
    I been using DVB-T2 tuner on Enigma2 boxes for a few years now and none of them have supported AAC 5.1 only PCM stereo so converting to ac3 doesn't come in to the equation.
    Thanks for that - it rules out all of the E2 boxes for UK terrestrial TV for me. I was extremely disappointed with the audio when I had T2 tuners in my Miraclebox and converted it to satellite use. I'll have to look at mainstream UK box suppliers who do support surround sound on UK HD terrestrial broadcasts.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikmet24 View Post
    2. What is the file extension of recorded files on Harddrive? On my previous satalite receiver the recorded files has a file extension of .ts . Because i want to edit the recorded files on my pc when te recording compleet on the receiver.
    The actual file extension name doesn't determine the actual contents of the file. You can name a file anything you wish.
    Yes, the files created have a .ts extension - and are transmission streams (the container format), but the actual video and audio codec inside the container will depend on what is being broadcast.
    I have terrestrial tuners, and DVB-T broadcasts are mpeg+pcm (IIRC) while DVB-T2 HD ones are h264+AAC.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys you are realy helping me out. :-)
    I purchased the Mut@nt 2400 few days ago and a friend of my installed XBMC Image on this receiver for me
    The receiver looks very cool but when i try to know this receiver i run into some problems;
    First, when i was searching for cable channels on Cable Turner the receiver freeze a several times. The receiver did not response at all! The only option was push The On/Off switch on the back side. After reboot the channels was deleted. When i promt to search for channels on Cable Turner, the Turner cold not find any channel. Then i tryed to find Satalite channels with Satalite Turner. And still the receiver did not find channels. All settings ware correct installed. My friend unplug the Turners from my receiver and tested on his device. ( We have the same receivers ) The Tuners was working %100 that is what he say to me... Some of the reasson the image isn't working with my receiver.....???
    So i uninstalled this image and instal OpenPLI image on my receiver . I was realy surprised that this image working so good! I have no problems anymore.. My receiver found channels in Cable Turner & in Satalite Turner. I was able to connect my receiver with FTP and i can acces and control it from my pc in Windows Explorer ewenly i can download files from internet to this receiver
    But i'm curious how can i webstream?? I want to watch live broadcast from the internet (IPTV) How can i do that?? Can u help my further?

Yours sincerely, Hikmet