Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: vu+DUO with samsung V+ hard drive ?

Title
    Thanks

vu+DUO with samsung V+ hard drive ?

jus wondering before i buy a hdd , is it possible to use the hdd in my samsung v+ in this box , any help much appreciated

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,055 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deansluk View Post
    jus wondering before i buy a hdd , is it possible to use the hdd in my samsung v+ in this box , any help much appreciated
    If its a subbed V+ box I wouldn't touch it as its cable owned equipment. Does it use a SATA drive?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    yes its a sata drive , ive had the box over 12 months and still pay my sub , jus dont really use the samsung recording as much as i would on the vu duo ...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,055 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deansluk View Post
    yes its a sata drive , ive had the box over 12 months and still pay my sub , jus dont really use the samsung recording as much as i would on the vu duo ...
    Remember its their property, if you ever leave VM they will ask for it back

Buy yourself a HDD and save yaself future hassle.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Yes they do work fine bud, i tested one out of MY v+ box and put it in the vu and not problems

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxylady For This Useful Post:

deansluk (30-11-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    as sic has pointed out in your TOS ( terms of service ). any equipment provided to you from virgin remains their property no matter how long you have had it. unlike sky where it becomes yours to do as you see fit after the term of your contract has been reached.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (30-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    The way around this is to send them an email asking them to come and pick the hardware up. they wont and after 3 months you can do as you like because you have given notification.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Exceluk1 View Post
    The way around this is to send them an email asking them to come and pick the hardware up. they wont and after 3 months you can do as you like because you have given notification.
    technically no. by law they still retain ownership of the box no matter if you have asked them to pick it up or not. dont get me wrong the likely hood of them ever claiming it back is slight at best but if they did and you could not return it then you would be billed £250 for the box and the same for the card again.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for you 'concern' phoenix , but thanks to foxy lady for providing the answer to my question , cheers bud

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    to be honest it was not concern i was just pointing out the law as it stands.