Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Blue HD Not Available after manual flash of 090?

Title
    Thanks

Blue HD Not Available after manual flash of 090?

Hi!

We've been loving rossi2000's excellent Blue HD skin on our GB Quad for ages - it's fantastic.

Recently I upgraded our GB Quad via in the inbuilt software update mechanism and everything was perfectly fine, restored settings and voila - OpenVIX 090 with Blue HD skin as it was prior to the update.

However. My in-law's GB Quad Plus was running a very old version of VIX so I needed to download the image from openvix.co.uk and perform a manual USB flash to get it up to 090. All seemed to go fine, restored settings as per our GB Quad but then... no Blue HD skin which they were using quite happily before the upgrade. In fact when visiting Plugins > Skins on the newly flashed GB Quad Plus I only see three skins available in total. Back to my own GB Qaud I see countless skins under Plugins > Skins yet both boxes are running 090.

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Steve

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Check the image you installed, you will likely find you installed the ViX HD image line which does not currently support this skin. If it is important to you, you will need to reflash the receiver with the standard none HD image.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    D'Oh! If only I'd scrolled down the downloads screen at openvix.co.uk I'd have seen the non-HD image. Comes from working through a TeamViewer session on to a remote Mac and and... I'm out of excuses. ;-)

Meantime is there a page I can read detailing the features of the "HD" VIX?

Thanks for the heads-up pheonix.

Steve

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ViX HD is pretty much the same as the standard ViX image, except that it is highly modified and built specifically and exclusively to support the 1080 frame buffer, currently there are very few skins that support this but more will come in time as more images and skinners adapt to the challenges of working with the 1080 frame buffer for their images and skins.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    if you want to hang on a day or so

we dont need the HD image anymore, its all been merged together into 1 image.

currently testing and all seems well, but this will likely need a fresh flash anyway.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    if you want to hang on a day or so

we dont need the HD image anymore, its all been merged together into 1 image.

currently testing and all seems well, but this will likely need a fresh flash anyway.
    LMFAO I was going to mention that but thought you wanted to keep it secret until the big launch.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    wot big launch?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    wot big launch?
    It's just a figure of saying. meant to represent the day when you or who ever posts on the forum that there will no longer be two ViX image lines ie no more ViX HD. or did you just want to have a few dozen users pop up on the forum asking why xxx image was built for ViX but not for ViX HD ?.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    we'll never win bud haha

quick heads up now and then another 4-5 announcements shud do the trick

Title
    Thanks