Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: update ? hd 090

Title
    Thanks

update ? hd 090

Tried to update from receiver download to 090 and it froze then I updated via flash usb only to find that boot info bar remained on screen and the info bar and menu page was at the top left hand corner?
    I have just noticed that 090 is listed as a hd version if this is correct is there a skin change to match had to reflash to 088 anyone else tried this

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah same box am stuck on apollo 089 i update it sticks on update freezes have had it mentioned on here want to say vix and world of satelite
    for doing nothing to help me...i bought it off world of satelite there customer care is RUBBISH phoned the number no answer...and pm-d w.o.s
    sell boxs to customers then forget them once they sell what a buisness....i tryed both usb-and on box update
    properly get a smart-ar-- come back and say something
    went on another website and recieved excellent help on getting off boot-loop
    Thanks cs
    Last edited by barry2012; 24-11-14 at 22:05. Reason: Pm.d

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulusone View Post
    Tried to update from receiver download to 090 and it froze then I updated via flash usb only to find that boot info bar remained on screen and the info bar and menu page was at the top left hand corner?
    I have just noticed that 090 is listed as a hd version if this is correct is there a skin change to match had to reflash to 088 anyone else tried this
    New drivers were provided today. Should be better for the SD version.

There is only one member of the Vix test team with the 3T Combo. TM have not been sharing the drivers or even informing the testers here about the drivers/kernel. Please appreciate the predicament we are in. Some of the testers have given up with testing them because they do not provide feedback on findings. The response they give usually ignores what we've said.

Once I discovered the screen issue on the TM N2S, I tried to call TM and messaged him on Skype several times. Result: Ignored. OPenVixHD 90 is fine. Openvix 90 has been removed owing to the issue.

Can we also be explicit about the the meaning of term "updated" as it could be confusing
    1. Perform an online update
    2. Flash by USB
    3. Flash by USB and restore settings
    4. Flash using image manager (couch flash)
    5 Flash using image manager (couch flash) and restore settings

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info but I'm confused as to the validity of the openvix090 HD version which is still available in the tmnano3t section which causes the problem in my previous post as regards the image manager it doesn't appear to work goe's through the motions of restore and does nothing IE remains on the original version and when you have a frozen boot the only way to recover is flash by usb if technomate want bad press then this is the place they will get it I await the next update can you inform us weather or not the 090 is ok for tmnano3t at the mo as it is as stated openvixHD090

Title
    Thanks
    Done download of apollo 090 it says

Are you sure you want to restore this image openvixhd-apollo-090-tmnano3t_usb.zip
    doesnt do download stays as is

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Should be better for the SD version.
    To clarify: there is no SD version of the ViX-image.
    We have the ViX-image and for some boxes the ViX-HD image; the latter one is compatible with the 1080 skin.
    Shortly both images will be joined into one image again.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (25-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    that's a shame about tm support was thinking of buying a nano 3t combo myself

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    To clarify: there is no SD version of the ViX-image.
    We have the ViX-image and for some boxes the ViX-HD image; the latter one is compatible with the 1080 skin.
    Shortly both images will be joined into one image again.
    Why is that? Please don't force me onto HD I like the default skin.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    the one image is still normal vix with the default vix skin.
    1080 skins will be in the feeds.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Thanks
    why are wos selling TM boxes if there is little or no dialogue, if they stopped selling TM boxes I'm sure they would get better service
    from the company in future, Its not as if they are short of boxes to sell

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    When the 1080 framebuffer was added the 720 framebuffer was removed by mistake. New drivers due very soon fix this issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Installed 090 finally via flash by usb pleased with appearance etc certainly a new look all seems ok at mo ccam 2.3.0 and dreamplex 2.09 working fine recordings ok timeshift ok playback of mkv dts ok

Title
    Thanks
    If I update to openvix-hd 90 from openvix 70, will I be able to restore the settings from 70?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    IMO, best to stay on 88.

As above, OpenvixHD wil be gone in a few days, you will only have to flash back. The feature it added will be available in the standard image for the receivers that support them. (TM N2S and TM 3T Combo should be in the list).

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

rossi2000 (25-11-14),Sicilian (25-11-14)