Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: gigablue quad bootloader

Title
    Thanks

gigablue quad bootloader

hi im still on apollo 22 when i decide to upgrade to the latest apollo do i need to install the latest bootloader first b4 flashing ,has anybody got a link to it ,to the bootloader and is apollo 88 working fine...thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The latest bootloader can be found on our download site www.openvix.co.uk. flash it first then the latest image.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for getting back to me

Title
    Thanks
    I bought a quad hd and it's havering some recording playback problems, it has the latest Vix image as I installed it but I'm not sure about boot loaders or drivers? I'm new to this box, would installing the lates boot loader sort out my problems or is it a different issue?
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris205gti View Post
    I bought a quad hd and it's havering some recording playback problems, it has the latest Vix image as I installed it but I'm not sure about boot loaders or drivers? I'm new to this box, would installing the lates boot loader sort out my problems or is it a different issue?
    Thanks
    It is advisable to say what build it is because there are so many up dates Menu > information > about.
    New drivers are usually updated in the latest version.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply:
    Apollo
    Build:090
    Kernel:3.14.2
    Drivers:2014-10-20
    Last update:2014-11-22

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    further to my question ive tried to update the Bootloader, ive downloaded 20141008 version of the bootloader, extracted and put itm on a stick, turned the box off, put it in the rear USB slot, turned the box on, red led flashes for not very long and the box boots up.
    Is this how you flash the bootloader or have i missed something, its just i was expecting to confirm the process on the front panel but it said nothing?
    thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Sorted now, tried using the front USB and it worked, however installing the image only worked when using the rear port:?

Title
    Thanks
    USB sticks can vary a lot, I have always used Kingston Data Traveller with no issues in whatever port I used.