Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Spinning ViX when no free tuners available

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments

Thread: Spinning ViX when no free tuners available

Title
    Thanks

Spinning ViX when no free tuners available

Another "Spinning ViX" issue. I Have 1*S and 2*T2 tuners in Venton HD3. If there starts timer recording from two different T2 bouquets (so that the channel I am watching is not in one of them) and there should happen an forced channel change, it does not happen (channel not changed or no message of forced channel change seen on screen) but results in enigma2 process to eat 100% of cpu and spinning ViX in screen. The recording that starts later fails to record. Only rebooting the box helps.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Debug log?

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, I did not have debug on when faced this issue. There were many programs that I wanted to get on hdd
    yesterday, so no free gap to test this.
    I'll reproduce it in the evening (with debugs, that I'll post here)...

Title
    Thanks
    Here is the debug log. Earlier one shows the problem, and later one is from time after I gave at problem time "kill -15 enigmaprocess" and recordings started with no free tuners message on screenNo_free_tuner_logs.zip.

Title
    Thanks
    Same hang happens still on Apollo 90. Any news on this?

Title
    Thanks
    Same thing happens still on Hades 8. The same problem seen in Finnish forum by an other user with Vu Duo2 with twin T2/C tuner.

sevk
    Sad feature this is indeed. Could it be hardware problem?

Title
    Thanks
    This could be related to the fact that there is only one favorites list in use. Someone in Finnish forum tried with multiple favorites allowed and did not get this issue anymore. So if only one favorites list is allowed this problem is seen when forced channel change should happen and message displayed. Can someone else verify that this is the case?

Title
    Thanks
    Now tested also this problem with Hades 12 and I can confirm that the problem lies with the parameter "only one favorites allowed" (don't remember the exact line in English, as using Finnish translation).
    If parameter is set yes, then it does not work (as described in this thread) if parameter is set no, then it works.
    Hopefully this can get fixed soon...