Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: SD quality not that great, any ideas to improve?

Title
    Thanks

SD quality not that great, any ideas to improve?

I noticed that sd quality isn't that good, tried 3 different builds so far and the same.
    It happens in both cable and satellite.
    This picture describes what I have... Not as accentuated but is there.
    pixelated.jpg

Anyone has this or knows a solution?

Title
    Thanks
    Flashed openmips 4.2 and it is working better now.

Title
    Thanks
    Which version of what image did you have on previously?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Need more information about your AV settings and the type of connection you're using and the TV model. I use component video and HDMI from my Quad Plus and my SD pictures are excellent. Your sample image looks like like a transcoded image for a mobile device. You are receiving these from your own satellite / aerial connection?
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 007xico View Post
    Flashed openmips 4.2 and it is working better now.
    If a different image makes it ok it looks like your hardware is fine.
    Regards.
    Tony.

Gigablue Quad Plus + Technomate 7102HD + TM F3/5 + 1.2Channel Master Motorised.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It may be that autoresolution is turned on. I find its best to leave it off and let the receiver do the upscaling as most TV sets dont do a good job of it.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Yesterday I tried 4 different built of openvix and had problems in all of them. I was having problems with ABM and recordings as well as picture quality (i created a thread for it) . I really wanted to use openvix but don't know why I was having those problems. As soon I installed openmips 4.2 beta, picture quality it is better (tv up scalding is turned off, receiver is doing the work), recording and ABM are working without any problems.
    The picture quality problems it wasn't as accentuated as the pic but still not good.

My set up are 2 satellite tuner and one cable, hdmi to av receiver.