Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ABM timeout because using tuner D - can this be altered?

Title
    Thanks

Smile ABM timeout because using tuner D - can this be altered?

Hi,

ABM isn't working for me as it is always accessing tuner D - which I've just read in this support forum is correct - "it will always access the last tuner, which is configured the same"..

I have a VU+ Duo2 (purchased from site sponsor) on Apollo 073 HD

Tuner A, B and C simple configuration on fixed dish at 28.2E - which is where I want ABM to "look"
    Tuner D advanced configuration on motorised dish (multiple satellites - but not 28.2E)

Is there any way I can configure ABM to use A,B or C?

If not, if I add the satellite at 28.2E to tuner D, will the system move the dish to 28.2E whilst ABM is in use, then back to where it was? (this would be a reasonable solution - but not ideal)

If neither of the above are doable, I guess I need to move the motorised dish to tuner C and the fixed 28.2E to tuner D. If so, does that mean I need to go through the pain of setting all the satellites back up from scratch - or can I copy the current settings from Tuner D to C? (and unless I'm missing something, it IS an absolute pain setting up multiple satellites)

Any help gratefully received

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Are you sure that your tuner D is correctly configured with no 28.2 on it? It should not use a tuner which does not have the satellite on it.
    No you cannot select which tuner to use for ABM. Editing the settings file and swapping the motorised advanced setting to C is not a pain. You can do it with a linux compatible editor. Enigma must not be running when sending this file over.

Can you upload your settings file located in /etc/enigma2/ Make sure there are no personal details in there first.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

spadie (06-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Are you sure that your tuner D is correctly configured with no 28.2 on it? It should not use a tuner which does not have the satellite on it.....
    I thought D was correctly configured, but double checked.. 28.2 not configured, but for some reason I'd got "all satellites 2 (USALS)" configured! Took that out and it's working fine - many thanks for making me look again, in the right place!

Also nice to know that settings can be moved between tuners - but no need at present, thankfully.

Thanks again!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you save the lines where NIM is mentioned. Whenever you flash a new image, you can put enigma to sleep (init 4) paste those values in the settings file. No need to go through setting them up again. This is handy for those using V boxes, DISEQ 1.2 or other advanced setups.

There should be an option for USALS selecting satellites too which was added recently.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

spadie (07-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks again for the information - I'm new to Enigma boxes, so it's all a little confusing at the moment.

Once I have all the satellites set up, I'll save the lines that you mention, as I am using a V-Box with DISEQ 1.2.

There is indeed an option for USALS - again, something I've never used before. I downloaded and read the excellent VIX manual, but in regard to setting up a motorised system, it advised to set USALS to no - so I have left well alone ... probably why it is taking me literally weeks to set the box up :-) although it does feel a little clunky and over complicated compared to my previous Technomate 5402 and way before that a Chaparral Monterey ... but that's drifting off topic, so maybe in another thread :-)

Thanks again - much appreciated.