Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting up

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gillms1 View Post
    Is you box not connected to your network? I use FileZilla to FTP on it
    No it is not I - I keep new devices off our network until I know what I'm / it is doing :-)

It was set to DHCP when it went down as it was on our guest wireless - I found an address using a look up and it would not let me in - FileZiila here too.

Box said ....."....failed with ECONNREFUSED

Suggests given this was on 169.254 that DHCP is not working

Quote Originally Posted by gillms1 View Post
    I haven't changed the boot loader, as far as i'm aware there isn't a new one of these boxes - I just flashed with the latest VIX build for the mutant box from the openvix page.
    Okey dokey - but as I cannot FTP in I've no idea what's what - putting the new VIX build on a USB stick and poking it into one of the USB ports has no effect whatever

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, download the latest zip from here:

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Mutant-HD2400/

Unzip and copy the hd2400 to your root of a USB stick (ensure it is FAT32 formatted), stick in one of the usb ports in the mutant box, switch the box on and then wait for the prompt on display to flash new image and press the channel up button to commence flashing - make a coffee and wait for flashing process to finish (should take between 5-10mins).

Title
    Thanks
    Indeed - tried this about three times

How soon after turning on do you see the "flash image" prompt?

Here no prompt to flash image comes up - it (the display on the box - not video feed) just goes though to "booting" and stops and hangs perhaps half way along

Title
    Thanks
    OK - what's wrong with the image I'm trying to flash? I'm trying

openvixhd-Apollo.071-mutant2400_usb

All it contains as extracted here is ..................

* imageversion
    * kernel.bin
    * noforce
    * rootfs.bin
    * splash.bin

I'm not seeing a bootloader!

And nothing here for Mut@ant - http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/
    Last edited by Nunhead_Man; 02-11-14 at 10:31.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    First thing I would do is reformat your USB stick using the HPUSB disk format tool, google HP USB Disk Storage Format and download it from CNET. You need to run it as Administrator as well.

Double click on the zip file of the image and then copy the 2400 folder to your USB drive, power of box, stick USB in power up box. When you see 'image found' on the front of the box, press up arrow and the image should load.

Some boxes and USB drives do not seem to get on and it can get very frustrating.

There isn't much info available on this box as yet but if you look around the forum, most boxes are very similar in operation if they are on the VIX image.

Title
    Thanks
    Nuffink wrong with my USB key format - we use HPUSB anyway - and PS you mean have a folder called "2400" in the root of your stick as the boot loader looks for that.

What IS wrong is build 71 of VIX which does not run on this box just now - its fine with v70

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunhead_Man View Post
    Nuffink wrong with my USB key format - we use HPUSB anyway - and PS you mean have a folder called "2400" in the root of your stick as the boot loader looks for that.

What IS wrong is build 71 of VIX which does not run on this box just now - its fine with v70
    Theres nothing wrong with build 071, using OpenViXHD version here all weekend.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    You are welcome to come here and test it!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    You are welcome to come here and test it!
    No need, been using it all weekend and just reflashed after reading your report.

1) Disconnect ANY other USB device.
    2) Use a MAX 8GB USB, Kinston preffered.
    3) Format your USB stick FAT32 using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ve-Format-Tool
    4) Re-download build 071 OpenVIXHD to your desktop from here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Mutant-HD2400/ > Extract the file.
    5) Cope the complete 'hd2400' file to root of your USB stick.
    6) Follow flashing guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-Mut-nt-HD2400
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, HD2400 folder goes on your formatted USB and the box should see that when you power it up with the USB stick in.

Title
    Thanks
    had this saved and a shame to waste it ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Deso View Post
    reformat your USB stick using the HPUSB disk format tool .....Some boxes and USB drives do not seem to get on....
    I AM using HPUSB format - we sometimes have USB hell when trying to get VMware ESXi boxes to recognise the distro on the USB port on the server motherboard.

I notice the purchase page for the Mut@nt box offers "8GB / 16GB Data Traveller (Kingston) 101 G2" USB keys

I'm using an 8GB Data Traveller 1.00 G3 - this box is surely not as picky as that

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've used the G3 on my Gigablue and also Sandisk Cruzer, just used that to flash tonight actually. Mind you, when I used the rear USB slot, it froze up part way through the re boot after flash, put it in the front port and flashed no problem.
    It's like witchcraft at times, although once you find the right combination you're laughing.

If you can, it might be worth going into setup and do a factory reset, then just set up the minimum amount of settings that it asks you to do on reboot, then power it down and try flashing via the front USB.
    Last edited by Deso; 03-11-14 at 22:59.

Title
    Thanks
    Ah? OK - I'll try over the weekend - up grade and then install the wifi dongle driver?

As at ..........

"If you have a 300MBPS Wifi install RTL8192CU driver from online plugins feeds. Menu > Plugins > Drivers. Install the driver and reboot. It will then be listing in network adapters."

Becuase I wonder if that is where it all went wrong before?
    Last edited by Nunhead_Man; 07-11-14 at 15:36.

Woodbutcher32
    Hi All
    Just purchased a Mut@ant 2400 (Great service btw) I'm also struggling to to Install the same dongle, I don't have an ISDN cable in the house so I'm a little stuck as to how I get the driver files on to the receiver?

I've tried copying the enclosed install CD on to a usb stick but don't know how to then Install it! I managed to flash from stick no problem

Any help greatly appreciated.

Woodbutcher32
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodbutcher32 View Post
    Hi All
    Just purchased a Mut@ant 2400 (Great service btw) I'm also struggling to to Install the same dongle, I don't have an ISDN cable in the house so I'm a little stuck as to how I get the driver files on to the receiver?

I've tried copying the enclosed install CD on to a usb stick but don't know how to then Install it! I managed to flash from stick no problem

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Sorted (with cable)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12