Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird EPG problem

Ojustaboo

Weird EPG problem

Hi, I normally use XMLTV-Importer with Rytec UK XMLTV

It's worked fine for months, but since I recently did a fresh flash (could be coincidental) a few channels such as "more 4" show me the program info, but don't show me the program titles.

It changes daily, for example at this second, "more 4 + 1" is doing it as in the 2 pics below, but it seems to be the same few channels doing it.

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

A little annoying but I can live with it.

However today, BBC1 has gone weird. It has two "Have I got news for you" showing and I have checked online TV guides and the 22:35 pm is the correct one. It also has weird unreadable writing in it (only in BBC1, obviously caused by the wrong info conflicting in there somewhere).

I removed my epg.dat, went into autobouquets and chose SKY England, rebooted, I had no epg, I then used crossepg to get OpenTV Sky UK Open and BBC 1 had exactly the same problem, only a load more channels such as CBS also had info missing.

I have gone back to my preferred XMLTV importer with Rytec UK, problems still there, is it just a fluke or is something strange with my system. Pics below showing it.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

Many thanks
    Last edited by Ojustaboo; 27-10-14 at 18:24.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    What were the exact steps you used to remove epg.dat?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You need to reformat your hard drive and do a fresh install, i had this problem with programs overlapping on some channels, and 'Friends' would never show on Comedy Central or CCHD, but the synopsis would.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    You need to reformat your hard drive and do a fresh install, i had this problem with programs overlapping on some channels, and 'Friends' would never show on Comedy Central or CCHD, but the synopsis would.
    Not nessecarily, just remember that EPG data is held in live memory so always put enigma to sleep before deleting the EPG.dat file or it may regenerate it self from the flash, same applies to all live files including bouquets.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Ojustaboo
    I telnetted into it, wend into /media/hdd then "rm epg.dat"

Then I rebooted it from the box

At the moment it's completely screwed, for example BBC2 shows only connect at both 7:30 and 8:30 But 7:30 is something to do with hospitals.

Wonder if it's to do with the clocks changing?

What's the correct way of removing it please and I'll try again.
    Happy to reflash but not reformat (unless absolutely necessary) as I have a LOT of MKV files on there

many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same issue...... Just tried to reflash and I will update on teh result in a bit...

I thought it may be to do with GMT -1 hour..... As the second entries are 1 hour previous.... I have 2 baby P stories on BBC1 ---- 1st at 7:30 then again at 8:30

Title
    Thanks
    As above, it is kept in live memory so will be rewritten on reboot. You must put enigma to sleep first with "init 4" command then delete epg.dat.

Just out of interest, what are the benefits of downlaoding from the rytec data hosts instead of from the satellite/provider?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Ojustaboo
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Just out of interest, what are the benefits of downlaoding from the rytec data hosts instead of from the satellite/provider?
    I just wanted it set up to work, picked one and it did. How do I do it directly so that it's automatically updated every day?

Just using freesat for E Anglia

Will do the init 4 now and remove epg.dat again

Ojustaboo
    Did that, rebooted from the telnet window and the epg was totally blank

Imported it (manual option from XMLTV-Importer) and while it sorted BBC1 out, BBC2 is now wrong

University Challenge is on now followed by Only Connect (which is set up to record) but for some reason it tells me "Intruders" are on

p1.jpg

Just went up to BBC2 normal (was the same) then back down to BBC2 HD, it now shows Only connect but not University Challenge

p2.jpg
    Last edited by Ojustaboo; 27-10-14 at 21:16.

Title
    Thanks
    Reflashed, whilst reflashing, took out my usb and deleted Crossepg folder and epg.dat ------ all seems okay now...

Title
    Thanks
    IMO, best to use crossepg downloader and download only opentv for 28.2.

You can set this to run everyday and at a time that suits you. Section 4 of ViX manual goes through setup process.

You will have to repeat the init 4 and delete process if you have incorrect data.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Ojustaboo
    Thanks,

Do you mean the Sky UK OpenTV as can only see 3 thuings under openTV that being the only 28.2, or is there an option do download more providers?

Only interested in freesat, don't' need the Sky channels, I THINK I tried this once before and using the up and down arrows (which is what my wife normally uses) rather than the graphical EPG, I got a very unhelpful alphabetical list.

Will have a play in the morning when I can get near the TV and try it again.

Thanks for all your help

EDIT: Just been reading the manual, superb, cant believe I missed it.
    Last edited by Ojustaboo; 27-10-14 at 23:29.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If its only freesat you are after then the EPG data will download automatically if you have the freesat EPG enabled. Also I think you may be mixing EPG up with bouquets.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    If you download the 28.2 data off the satellite, you will have everything.

Technically you don't need cross EPG downloader. Your freesat EPG should just download while on a channel. Easier/simpler to use crossepg downloader.

"Downloading" EPG data and displaying it are two separate items.

Ojustaboo
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    If its only freesat you are after then the EPG data will download automatically if you have the freesat EPG enabled. Also I think you may be mixing EPG up with bouquets.
    I normally confuse things I'm known for it.

I roughly do the following (mainly from memory)

Flash a new image.

Set up my tuners.

Set up AutobouquetMaker to scan for

Code:
    FreeSat (UK)  yes
    FreeSat (UK): Area    England HD: East (E) / Anglia
    FreeSat (UK): generate main bouquet   yes
    FreeSat (UK): generate sections bouquet    yes
    FreeSat (UK): generate HD bouquet
    FreeSat (UK): generate FTA bouquet
    FreeSat (UK): generate FTA HD bouquet
    Start the scan.

At this point I have zero epg whether using the up and down arrow or the graphical epg.

Up until now (will try opentv tomorrow) I have then been going into XMLTV Importer, setting it up to run every day

Selecting Source

Putting a tick by Rytex XMLTV UK

pressing OK then pressing yellow to do a manual scan.

When this finishes, the first time I press the up and down arrows I press blue for "favourites"

I then select "All channels" and from then on, whenever I press the up and down buttons, I only have the epg for my freesat channels.

The first time I use the graphical EPG similar thing happens, I have to select all channels and from then on, I only get my freesat channels.

Up until now, this has worked 100% fine

Earlier when I tried one of the Sky ones, I couldn't get the up/down buttons to give me just the freesat channels regardless of what bouquet I selected after pressing favourites, but I was doing it quickly and it is possible I missed the right one, hence will have a go with opentv tomorrow.

I'm happy to do it any other way that works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast