Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: EPG problems on Vu+ Duo version 3

Title
    Thanks

EPG problems on Vu+ Duo version 3

I have just had my box uploaded with the above version and am now at a loss as to how to download the EPG. I have tried all the normal methods using both CrossEPG and XMLTV but without success. When I attempt to download the screen goes blank and "starting downloader" appears in the right hand corner but nothing seems to happen. If I try it again it seems to start reading titles / summaries and loading data, but after the screen returns to Open Tv providers and I exit out I get a Tune failed message, check configuration settings. Its very frustrating as the EPG on the older version downloaded very easily. Any ideas please. Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    What exactly do you mean by Vu+ Duo v3 ?.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies. Its only what appears on the Image Information page.
    Kernel:3.1.1
    Version :3

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I don't mean to be pedantic but there is no such thing as version 3. There was a ViX 3.0 which had 808 builds in its life time, but that image was mothballed almost exactly a year ago, so we can't provide fixes for it any more due to no longer having the GIT this image was built from. All I can really suggest is that you delete the EPG.dat file and re setup the EPG again.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

jamesj64 (27-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Of course you are correct ..I just checked it is version 3.0 and build 204. So how do I get rid of it and start again please. I really am a basic user so apologise for my lack of technical know how

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesj64 View Post
    Of course you are correct ..I just checked it is version 3.0 and build 204. So how do I get rid of it and start again please. I really am a basic user so apologise for my lack of technical know how
    Wow that's a very old build approximately two years old. If you want to update to a new image you will have to start from scratch without restoring any backups etc.

You can find a flashing tutorial and the latest ViX images on our download site www.openvix.co.uk but make a full set of backups first (image backup in case you want to return to the image you are using now) and backup any important files you may need via a FTP session so you don't loose them.

SIMPLES.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

jamesj64 (27-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your input .. it is appreciated .. I have no idea where to start with your suggestion and so will give up and buy the TV Times

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesj64 View Post
    Thanks for your input .. it is appreciated .. I have no idea where to start with your suggestion and so will give up and buy the TV Times
    No need to give up, I know it can sound daunting but if you give up you won't learn any thing. Take it one step at a time and ask as many questions as you need to. We are here to help so use us if you need to.

SIMPLES.