Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VU+ Solo2 Software Update Help.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Please read post #3 again
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Andy
    Just check the image manager and I still only update 37 plus the previous version that I had.

Ronand
    I have read post 3 once again and I did follow the instructions to the letter not sure why I lost my old skin but the default skin is not bad at all

Regards
    John

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Please read post #3 again
    All his computers are Apple Macintosh so will struggle to format in Fat32. I have a Mac but have Bootcamp on it so I can can format to Fat32 on Windows whereas John is solely using Macintosh.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If you looked at openvix.co.uk you would see the latest image (build 62)

Code:
    openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/
    Having an apple mac is not an issue - ftp the file to the receiver as suggested by phoenix in post #3
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    John, only option I can see for you now is to update via usb stick and restore from the backup you made earlier. Do you have a usb stick spare?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    If you looked at openvix.co.uk you would see the latest image (build 62)

Code:
    openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/
    Having an apple mac is not an issue - ftp the file to the receiver as suggested by phoenix in post #3
    What ftp client would you advise for Mac?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Filezilla is what I use on windows and is available for mac too. I find it works fine

Title
    Thanks
    Ronand,

Andy is correct about my computer set up, one Macbook Pro and one 27 iMac with no Bootcamp on it.
    I would always prefer to do the software update via the internal option provided this is possible going forward, I do like to keep up-to-date with all forms of software updates as it keeps everything ticking over nicely after it has gone through a development and trial phase.

I will perform the above check again in a few hours to see if the latest update is visible.

As always I really welcome the positive and supportive feedback from all

Regards
    John.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There were some server-side changes a while back to you cant use the software update method atm until you flash a more recent image. You will only have to do this once and then you will be able to use the software update menu again. Dont be put off by having to send a single file by ftp - its not that hard and you will get help here to do it.

Title
    Thanks
    Andy,

I have a few usb sticks so this is not an issue but it did manage to update to 37 and the original skin is not bad at all, in fact all i miss so far are BBC I player and On Demand, and the option to see the signal strength /db value in the banner

When it comes to ftp client I am using or on - sorry have no idea I am a semi profesioanl photographer and only use computers for editing all of my images nothing to much in depth I am afraid.

Kind Regards
    John

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Your other option is to use a friends windows pc/laptop to format the usb stick as fat32 and download the image from the openvix site and extract it to the usb stick.

Title
    Thanks
    Ronand,

Thank you for your help, I remember a few years ago when I had Tag Mclaren Hifi kit which could all be updated software wise with new software but again it was only for PC based files so I had to keep asking family and friends to send me the files on a stick, very cumbersome.

In the shop where I purchased my unit I can only state how great they are, in fact the guys are so very very patient and supportive with me just as this forum is, it is a negative that a few of us are only mac based.

I will look at downloading the latest update onto a stick and try once more

Regards to all

John.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Its always been a disadvantage of the mac that it is a minority product despite its good quality.

Title
    Thanks
    John, I have just switched startup to Mac on my iMac and formatted a usb stick using Disk Utility, formatted to FAT (DOS) and then went to openvix downloads, downloaded latest build, placed it on the newly formatted FAT (DOS) usb and bingo my Solo 2 recognised it and pressed ok on the Solo2 when prompted. Will you please try this method?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just download it and FTP it to box then use image manager to restore it as already been said a few times...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast