Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where can I find information about EPG related details?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    @birdman can you explain what you are trying to do?
    I'm trying to get a "UK Freeview (HD) only" box set up with all channels showing the correct LCN. People keep suggesting that I use some existing tool, despite the fact that none of these achieve what I want. so I've been asking about the format of various files, as once I know what that is I;ll be able to do the rest myself (nearly there now - just have to code the script to do it all).
    Also, what build are you using & what was the last build you didn't restore a settings backup on?
    I'm on Apollo 070, but the settings don't matter as removing the lamedb and bouquet files is simple ( I clearecd thme out before the last ABM run, and will now put back the ones I've had for a few weeks to run with until my script is working.).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

judge (30-10-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I'm trying to get a "UK Freeview (HD) only" box set up with all channels showing the correct LCN. People keep suggesting that I use some existing tool, despite the fact that none of these achieve what I want. so I've been asking about the format of various files, as once I know what that is I;ll be able to do the rest myself (nearly there now - just have to code the script to do it all).
    So, a simple ABM scan of FreeSat (UK) area doesn't work for you? What issues does it have?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    With regards to your comment, It is not complaining, it is stating. CustomLCN is optional for those who wish to alter the LCN. Feel free to read the LCN customistaion thread that PeterJ created recently.
    I did. Quite helpful (once you know it's there) but the section number definitions are (I think) those for satellite(Sky)? They are definitely not the Freeview ones.
    Also, I did put the file in place (by copying the EXAMPLE_* file):
    Code:
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          6848 Oct 30 00:07 /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/hd_terrestrial_freeview_GB_CustomLCN.xml
    but another ABM scan with this there produced the same error message. Confused? I certainly am...

Have you pressed the TV button and seen the created bouquets and in what order the chanenls are?
    Yes. That's very handy. There are lots of gaps (e.g. 200 -> 601) so I can see how these are handled.
    And in the Radio section it has the IP/MHEG6/text(?) channels at 200-up, with Radio at 700-up, which is what I want.

As I've saved the enigma2 directory at various stages along the way I should now have want I need to hand-craft my own bouquet files. (I've never expected any of the existing tools to be able to do it.)
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    So, a simple ABM scan of FreeSat (UK) area doesn't work for you? What issues does it have?
    No, as I have Freeview not Freesat. Different things.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

judge (30-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The section number definitions are (I think) those for satellite(Sky)? They are definitely not the Freeview ones.
    Check here
    Code:
    http://www.freeview.co.uk/whats-on/channels
    Code:
    http://www.freeview.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Freeview-Channel-Guide_21-Oct-2014.pdf

There are lots of gaps (e.g. 200 -> 601) so I can see how these are handled.
    And in the Radio section it has the IP/MHEG6/text(?) channels at 200-up, with Radio at 700-up, which is what I want.
    As I've saved the enigma2 directory at various stages along the way I should now have want I need to hand-craft my own bouquet files. (I've never expected any of the existing tools to be able to do it.)
    It was suggested a lot earlier to you to use ABM. I'll have to consult the ABM guy on skipping those those text/broadband services as E2 receivers cant use them.

In the terrestrial_freeview_GB.xml file, edit the sections section so that it is like this.
    Code:

<section number="1">Entertainment</section>
            <section number="100">High Definition</section>
            <section number="120">Children</section>
            <section number="130">News</section>        
            <section number="170">Adult</section>
            <section number="600">BBC Interactive</section>
    You can then move the HD channels easily by editing the file.
    autobouquet.terrestrial_freeview_GB.main.tv

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    IIRC one way that ABM knows where to add the dummy channels is because of the LCN being in lamedb. I'm sure I managed to get this to happen once (to get BBC HD onto 101) but could well be mis-remembering.
    Absolutely not. As I mentioned before E2 doesn't store LCN.
    ABM reads NIT and SDT table from providers TS stream where freq, channelnames, LCN etc are broadcast.

Title
    Thanks

Write a Perl script (which I'll run off-box) to process my full lamedb file (from 3) into the full set of bouquet files that I need and, at the same time, producing a picons directory with correctly-named picons (the Freeview service tags are different to the satellite ones, even though the channels are the same). The Perl script will be driven by a <DATA> section that describes whcih channels I want where, and with what numbers.

5. is the easy bit.
    The part to create the bouquet files is done. I now have all of my channels with the numbers I expect.
    Now I have to add the picon handling part...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (30-10-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The part to create the bouquet files is done. I now have all of my channels with the numbers I expect.
    Congratulation, it's nice to see the progression of your project.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Also now done.

Now I just need to check whether there is an tidy up the code that cane be done and add some more comments and documentation to it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (30-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I don't intend to merge TV and radio (but I might try it to see whether it works).
    Well - a quick test of adding in a file of radio channels at the end of bouquets.tv shows that it does work.
    The channel numbering is fine, once I put in the correct number of pads to get form 601 to 700 (not to 1202...).
    So I may well just generate one set of bouquets and use them on both tv and radio, so I don't need to switch.
    Last edited by birdman; 31-10-14 at 00:08.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (31-10-14)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345