Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: remote control down buttom not working

Title
    Thanks

remote control down buttom not working

hi i got issue with my remote control left buttom up right are working expect down buttom not working i dont know i dont get the red colour on STV but when i keep trying it goes down just 1 step down

does it need a replacment if so will worldsat issue my a new replacment cuz i only had the box for 1 week or 2

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    The remote isn't your only problem. Try reading what you typed, I can't.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiz1 View Post
    does it need a replacment if so will worldsat issue my a new replacment cuz i only had the box for 1 week or 2
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K82M7QGzOaM&feature=youtu.be
    WOS replaced that faulty remote without any hassle.

You can always check a remote with a digital/phone camera.

There is an Infra Red (IR) Light Emitting Diode (LED) in the front of the remote control. This light it emits is invisible to the naked eye but it isn't invisible to the sensor in a digital camera. If you have a digital camera with a viewfinder screen just point the remote at the camera lens, press buttons on the remote and you should see the IR LED flashing in the camera's viewfinder. You need to press the buttons that are causing you the most trouble as some buttons may work whilst others may not.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

kiwiz1 (18-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    hi mate i got extactly same as him but all buttoms working apart down key not working i dont get LED light what does that mean

Title
    Thanks
    WOS please respond to my email assp this is so frustrated

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    I'm genuinely surprised anyone replied at all, @adm did a great job of deciphering your OP.
    As for the following posts, just as un-readable.
    Not everyone can read & work out silly spellings & no grammar in English.

Wd prdown a btton lng prss on rdam STV hlp as a anzer heplz?

Seriously, if you want support, take the time to make sense of what you want support on. Makes it a lot easier for anyone to provide support.
    Last edited by judge; 18-10-14 at 01:20.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiz1 View Post
    WOS please respond to my email assp this is so frustrated
    Have you actually emailed WOS about a faulty remote control or are you assuming a post to this forum will result in a reply from WOS? You need to email to their contact address that can be found on their web site (the link is below)
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...mation/contact

Have you actually written the post in a way that it can be easily understood? State when you purchased your box and give the invoice number. Tell them that you believe the remote control is faulty and ask them how to get a replacement.

When I emailed WOS about problems (a faulty box) they have responded within a very short time on every occasion. However, I would only expect such a fast reply during the normal working week, say Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm.

In the mean time (and/or if waiting for a replacement) if your box is connected to you home network you can use the Miraclebox web interface on your computer. One of the options on the web interface is a picture of the full remote control. Clicking on any of the remote control buttons in that picture behaves the same way as using the real remote control