Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vu+ duo 2 vs solo 2, New box required.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro25 View Post
    (and no Vix with Plex is crap, so I don't count any Enigma2 box as a decent media player)
    Really?
    If you really want to stick with an Enigma based box then my current set up for Media / Streaming plugins are.

TSMedia.
    Ruya IPTV (not cheap)
    XBMC Addons
    DreamPlex (if you can get it to work , however it's only a client and is no good unless you have your own server)
    IPTV List Updater (Can save to Bouquets however they will be out of date by the weekend and therefore useless , have to always run from plugin to get consistent working feeds)
    MUZU.TV (Great Music video player)
    Media Portal (Nothing really of interest here , seems pointless to me, move along)
    Little to no support for viewing TV by illegal methods here, maybe time to move on?

Title
    Thanks
    I knew my post would be a little controversial ,

Also I don't actually think I mentioned the viewing of TV by illegal means. I did mention non local media

However this could be like how NowTV/Roku has done which is great box that I own by the way and it has a nice easy to use UI and handles streaming great,
    Also on a NowTV BOX you can install a Plex Client once you put it into Dev mode and then get some really good plugins, Also as Plex is a fork of XMBC you can also install most XBMC plugins on the NowTV box (amazing but true).

And as for
    Little to no support for viewing TV by illegal methods here, maybe time to move on?
    how about when Vix added code into Ondemand that allowed people to watch OnDemand while not in the UK (this is against every CatchUp services terms and yet it was added), this was only removed due to the VPN host shutting down and cancelling all accounts.

So while I know you try hard to both stay 100% legal and also give users what they want , it's a grey line sometimes. I must say I think that the teams do a really good job of staying on the right side of the law.
    There was a time when even the mentioning the name of some Virtual Cams would result in bans on forums.

My main point was that the Scene is moving on fast , with more people now streaming than ever before and this means all kinds of streaming.
    I've been in the Sat Hobby scene for over 10 years now I can remember buying a DM7000 on it's release week.

The Image teams work closely with the box makers and they together shape what we use and how we use it. I just think that Enigma2/OpenEnigma as an image base is reaching the end of it's current life , it needs either major update or a new team to come in and shake things up.

And yes I'm aware of the recent new base you moved to , however I'm yet to see one change due to the update that couldn't have been done on the older images, all of the changes seem build / or stability based. I could of course be very wrong and I actually hope that I am :-)
    Last edited by zoro25; 14-10-14 at 00:33.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I knew my post would be a little controversial
    Posted just for arguements sake so? Ain't Nobody Got Time for That!...

Also I don't actually think I mentioned the viewing of TV by illegal means.
    No, just 3rd party plugins that do.
    And as for
    how about when Vix added code into Ondemand that allowed people to watch OnDemand while not in the UK (this is against every CatchUp services terms and yet it was added), this was only removed due to the VPN host shutting down and cancelling all accounts.
    It's perfectly legal to use a VPN in most countries, how you use it is up to you. Don't think anything has been removed in the plugin?
    Last edited by judge; 14-10-14 at 00:48.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    OnDemand (Where is Channel 4 and 5, So it's an OnDemand play that only supports 2 of the main 4 , yeah right? , Good for BBC IPlayer I guess)
    4oD was removed from OnDemand for the second time due to changes the service provider made specifically to prevent their use on such "unofficial" plugins, Demand 5 was beta tested but never made it into the public version of OnDemand due to DRM issues.

The Image teams work closely with the box makers and they together shape what we use and how we use it.
    Believe me that is not the case, yes some manufacturers will happily work closely with image teams to get their receivers supported initially, but that tends to go out of the window the second they believe they no longer need the image teams support. (some of the more popular manufacturers are the worst companies to work with in these situations)
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (14-10-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The Image teams work closely with the box makers and they together shape what we use and how we use it. I just think that Enigma2/OpenEnigma as an image base is reaching the end of it's current life , it needs either major update or a new team to come in and shake things up.
    A lot less closely than you might think & with some newer popular image builders releasing untested images on many untested boxes, the issue gets worse. Only does damage to E2.
    E2 works as it should, some E2 image builders now trying to gain support by releasing images for shitty hardware.
    Saying that, there's also decent hardware in the pipeline, hopefully the manufacturers employ some decent E2 coders any time soon...
    Enigma2/OpenEnigma as an image base is reaching the end of it's current life
    Not any time soon IMO.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Believe me that is not the case, yes some manufacturers will happily work closely with image teams to get their receivers supported initially, but that tends to go out of the window the second they believe they no longer need the image teams support.
    Exactly, they get a working image, they sign out. Presume we're Talking about the same Manufacturer.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Exactly, they get a working image, they sign out. Presume we're Talking about the same Manufacturer.
    yup and at least one other I can think about too.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (14-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Okay thanks for the replies , very informative as always,

Hopefully didn't take the main thread too much off topic, and the OP might get some useful info about a box for his needs.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    With christmas fast approaching I think its time for a new box, currently running a tm-twin which is a good box but would like to have something new to play with. What is the speed difference between the solo 2 and duo 2? I think both box's look nice and I don't think I need the 3rd tuner option on the duo as I don't even use the second tuner on the twin but what I am after is the speed as the box's are mainly used with tsmedia. What's the duo 2's speed like against the 3t from tm? The tm maybe out as I don't like the look of the 3t, The giga blue is a nice looking box but never really looked at that box.
    Take a look at the Mut@nt HD2400 here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mut@nt

Awesome box, competitively priced Quad tuner http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mut@nt

Four individual tuner slots, so you can mix and match the tuners to what you like, superfast too.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12