Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Flashing on front display

Title
    Thanks

Flashing on front display

Just finally got my LX3 all set up.

I've got the device wired into my LAN, but on the front of the box (and when I change channel) there is a flashing icon that looks like this (.) What is it and how can I make it go away? My first thought is that its the Wifi, but I don't really want it flashing continuously.

Title
    Thanks
    i have lx3 too great box, is the flashing a kinda green ball if so it means u have an update ready, if not im not sure what it is as ive not had it b4

Title
    Thanks
    thanks shuggy i've just managed to find this in the Miraclebox user guide: (5) Update Available: If this icon is blinking it means there is an update available

Yes its a flashing green ball thing. What is there an update for and how do I update it?

Box seems to great but at the moment i'm a little lost as its a complete upgrade from my openbox V5S
    Last edited by csm7djs; 03-10-14 at 10:08.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by csm7djs View Post
    thanks shuggy i've just managed to find this in the Miraclebox user guide: (5) Update Available: If this icon is blinking it means there is an update available

Yes its a flashing green ball thing. What is there an update for and how do I update it?

Box seems to great but at the moment i'm a little lost as its a complete upgrade from my openbox V5S
    What image have you installed and if it's Vix what release number?

In Vix it means that you have new software that can be installed. To install it you go to Menu->Setup->Software Update.

It depends though on what image revision you currently have as you may not be able to perform an online update..
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure what Image I have...

Only just got the box (yesterday) from WoS and it came with the ViX image preloaded. I'm not infront of the box right now, but I can FTP or use a webbrowser to get to it - anyway to find out from there?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not sure what Image I have...

Only just got the box (yesterday) from WoS and it came with the ViX image preloaded. I'm not infront of the box right now, but I can FTP or use a webbrowser to get to it - anyway to find out from there?
    Well, if it came from WOS yesterday it more than likely came with Vix Apollo 37 installed (Press Menu->Information->About to see this) so you can just go to Menu->Setup->Software Update and hit the green button to Update the image. The box will do it's download/update and reboot and then you will be on the latest image and the flashing light will be gone..
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Excellent i'll update it tonight...

thanks for the help:

Also:

I also have two sets of Picons on my machine:

One in:
    root/usr/share/enigma2/picon
    and
    root/picon

Is there anyway to choose which set to use?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Before doing an online update you may need to delete ocram conf file due to the feed being down.

FTP to /etc/opkg, delete the Ocram conf.

After that do online update.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (03-10-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Excellent i'll update it tonight...

thanks for the help:

Also:

I also have two sets of Picons on my machine:

One in:
    root/usr/share/enigma2/picon
    and
    root/picon

Is there anyway to choose which set to use?
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it uses them in /usr/share/enigma2/picon/ if they exist otherwise they get picked up in /picon/ if they exist.. I don't think you can specify which ones the image uses..
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    thanks - i'll have a play with that then - i'll start by renaming the usr/share/enigma2/picon folder and see if it picks the /picon directory.