Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just got one

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    What scan settings are you using?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    This will give an idea..

1_0_1_516_75FB_16E_A00000_0_0_0.jpg

Regardless of Single transponder or Complete/Frequency or Channel, T or T2, no stations found.

Title
    Thanks
    I flashed the box with the latest 4D image but still no joy. Any other users having similar issues?

Title
    Thanks
    i just took ownership of one of these yesterday. Got my sat config up and running very quickly, no probs there. Took me a bit longer with the DVB-C tuner as i have never played with C before. i managed to find my net-id and scan 500 or so channels.
    did a quick test for the PIP feature (picture in picture) using DVB-S2 and DVB-C and worked a treat. You can even customise the size and postion of the in picture feature. cool....

does any know of uk cable bouquets, cos it looks like the vix image doesnt support the C provider in the autobouquets.

cheers.

Title
    Thanks
    I've got the cable provider showing in ABM as an option as mine. Haven't tried downloading them yet though as had no need to.
    Technomate Nano 3T Combo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to intrigue For This Useful Post:

chris16v (09-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Just to let folks know - I solved the terrestrial tuner issue. Had to tune each channel manually with bandwidth set to 8MHz and changing system to T or T2 as appropriate. Still, all good now.

Next...even at its lowest setting the fan noise is intrusive. Is there a solution?

Title
    Thanks
    anyone give me a heads up trying to sort my vermin / sly out to clear channels done a scan there all there

but a cant find where to put my mgcmd amd cc if I need to install a plugin how do I do this

because iv looked in the manual and it says main menu> media player > timers > information>plugins>setup> stanby/restart

but the media player and plugins option is missing

looked everwhere cant find them

Title
    Thanks
    Valhalla

install cams from the plugins menu first, then go to menu/setup/softcam and configure them to autostart, done.

Title
    Thanks
    does anyone know if the VIX image has a way to format a usb stick to ext4 so it can be used for EPG and PICONs?
    or can fat32 be used

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris16v View Post
    does anyone know if the VIX image has a way to format a usb stick to ext4 so it can be used for EPG and PICONs?
    or can fat32 be used
    Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage devices -> Initialisation, will format it in EXT4.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

chris16v (09-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Just to let folks know - I solved the terrestrial tuner issue. Had to tune each channel manually with bandwidth set to 8MHz and changing system to T or T2 as appropriate. Still, all good now.

Next...even at its lowest setting the fan noise is intrusive. Is there a solution?
    Turn the TV up I can't hear my fan at all. Come to think of it I better check it even works haha
    Technomate Nano 3T Combo

Title
    Thanks
    Valhalla

Reflash it with Vix. The nano 3t comes with 4d so manual refers to that and it's a little different. Put vix on it and use that - it's much better and has great support from the guys here. Then go to plugins, download mgcamd or get it from openvix.co.uk and ftp it to the box.
    Last edited by intrigue; 10-10-14 at 09:51.
    Technomate Nano 3T Combo

Title
    Thanks
    I have a question about softcam setup but not sure if it should be here or in the VIX support.

oops, just read the forum rules again, hence the edited question:

does anyone recomend using multple softcams (to accomadate DVB-S & DVB-C) if there is say a Nline and Cline. or should they both be pasted into something like mgcamd?
    Last edited by chris16v; 10-10-14 at 12:43.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris16v View Post
    I have a question about softcam setup but not sure if it should be here or in the VIX support.

My new TM-nano-T3I uses a 28e CLine from my own Ubuntu oscam server (using CCcam protocol in oscam) and this clears nicely using the CCcam softcam the T3 . But i also want to make use of a friends cable server on the T3 and he is giving me a Nline but doesnt want me using CCCam on the T3.

So on my Nano-T3 do i use multple softcams or do i paste both lines into say oscam or mgcamd? i wont be the first or the last to ask this question since this fantastic box that does the lot.
    Seriously? I suggest you re-read the site rules.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry Judge, i re-read the rules straight after posting, and amended the post straight away. its obvioulsy better the to remove the unwanted cs remarks, but they are about my own official sub. Woud really appreciate you editing my ill-imformed question from your post as well bud.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast