Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Solo Turns on by itself overnight ... EPG problem ?

Title
    Thanks

Question Solo Turns on by itself overnight ... EPG problem ?

My Solo wakes up all by itself overnight, I am thinking its something to do with the EPG ? Has anyone had this same issue, and what stops it from happening ?

Kindest regards

Title
    Thanks
    This is a common problem with the old low memory VU+ boxes like the Solo1 and the Duo1.

Try setting up a swap file and seeing if that helps - but first make sure you have the latest Apollo 041 image on your solo1.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sodium1 View Post
    My Solo wakes up all by itself overnight, I am thinking its something to do with the EPG ? Has anyone had this same issue, and what stops it from happening ?

Kindest regards
    As you are the one who set it up, you are best placed to answer.

Double check the times in your setup.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for the delay in getting back, I am using the latest 041 Apollo firmware. I have also double checked my times in the set up and I cannot see anything wrong. I also have a Solo2 here, and that has exacly the same settings and the Solo1. The same fault does not happen on my Solo2. I will look into setting up a swap file as suggested by timofee.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Solo 2 has loads more memory than the solo, thus why you are not having the same problems with your solo2. You need to setup a swap file on the solo, preferably with a usb stick or external hdd. You are using one of these for your epg right?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you are using the HDMI CEC setting, then turn it off for a couple of days and see if that helps ???
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sodium1 View Post

Kindest regards
    I had same issue with my solo. I put it down to the receiver not returning itself to standby after updating the epg.
    I now have power timers set to wake the box up 5 mins before the update is set to start and then return the box to standby 20 or 30 minutes later.
    Seems to work for me as issue has not occurred since.